Trump Legal Troubles

The judge in trump's back pocket just delayed the 'documents' case.... again. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/07/trump-classified-documents-trial-postponed-indefinitely.html

A federal judge Tuesday indefinitely postponed the criminal classified documents trial of former President Donald Trump, a court filing shows.

The trial on charges that Trump willfully retained classified national security records after leaving the White House and then hid them from federal authorities was scheduled to start May 20.

But the new ruling from U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon vacates that date and sets a new slate of pre-trial proceedings, the latest of which is a hearing set for July 22.

The ruling casts more doubt on whether Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, will face trial on the federal criminal charges prior to the Nov. 5 election.

Cannon wrote in Tuesday’s court order that it “would be imprudent” to finalize a trial date “at this juncture” when various pre-trial issues have yet to be resolved.

Cannon pointed to pending questions about how classified information will be handled in the high-profile trial of the former president, and “additional pretrial and trial preparations necessary to present this case to a jury.”

To move forward with the trial in May would be “inconsistent with the Court’s duty to fully and fairly consider” those issues, she wrote.

“The Court therefore vacates the current May 20, 2024, trial date (and associated calendar call), to be reset by separate order following resolution of the matters before the Court, consistent with Defendants’ right to due process and the public’s interest in the fair and efficient administration of justice,” Cannon ruled.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Worth a Look 1
6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

The judge in trump's back pocket just delayed the 'documents' case.... again. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/07/trump-classified-documents-trial-postponed-indefinitely.html

A federal judge Tuesday indefinitely postponed the criminal classified documents trial of former President Donald Trump, a court filing shows.

The trial on charges that Trump willfully retained classified national security records after leaving the White House and then hid them from federal authorities was scheduled to start May 20.

But the new ruling from U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon vacates that date and sets a new slate of pre-trial proceedings, the latest of which is a hearing set for July 22.

The ruling casts more doubt on whether Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, will face trial on the federal criminal charges prior to the Nov. 5 election.

Cannon wrote in Tuesday’s court order that it “would be imprudent” to finalize a trial date “at this juncture” when various pre-trial issues have yet to be resolved.

Cannon pointed to pending questions about how classified information will be handled in the high-profile trial of the former president, and “additional pretrial and trial preparations necessary to present this case to a jury.”

To move forward with the trial in May would be “inconsistent with the Court’s duty to fully and fairly consider” those issues, she wrote.

“The Court therefore vacates the current May 20, 2024, trial date (and associated calendar call), to be reset by separate order following resolution of the matters before the Court, consistent with Defendants’ right to due process and the public’s interest in the fair and efficient administration of justice,” Cannon ruled.

She needs to be gone yesterday.  I wish I knew more about what process is there for this to happen.  I've read where there isn't much at all.  The judge has ultimate power.  But, there has to be some process over a judge at this level.

Anyone else wondering, now, how a person you have had sex with would describe that sex to their friends or worse yet to a jury???

Lawyer :"So, what happened next and please, be brief"

Girl: "Oh, trust me, I will be brief, just like he was"

Lawyer:  "Okay, good one, but seriously, what did he do first"

Girl:  "Well, he started off saying sorry a few times and he said "this never happens" and then he swore he was not a virgin". 

• Haha 3

Red and bold below:  Evangelicals should be totally opposed to Trump's 'eye for an eye' approach.  So many people committing spiritual suicide (besides mental suicide) is supporting this fraudster.   He is such a good moral example of what leadership should look like :sarcasm 

https://nypost.com/2024/05/09/us-news/trump-hush-money-nyc-trial-live-updates-testimony-photos-more/

Witness testifies about excerpts from Trump's book on loyalty: 'DO NOT TRUST ANYONE'

By Kyle Schnitzer

Here are a few of the excepts that were shown to jurors about loyalty from Donald Trump's book “Think Big: Make It Happen in Business and Life":

• “DO NOT TRUST ANYONE.”
  • “I used to say, 'Go out and get the best people, and trust them.' Over the years I have seen too many shenanigan, and now I say, 'Get the best people, and don't trust them.' Do not trust them because if you don’t know what you are doing, they are going to rob you blind."
  • “I think the reason we have so many loyal people is that we reward loyalty, and everybody knows this ... People like Allen Weisselberg and Matt Calamari are great and have proven themselves over many years.”
  • "I just can’t stomach disloyalty.”
  • My motto is: Always get even. When somebody screws you, screw them back in spades."

Witness Tracey Menzies is now under cross-examination from Trump attorney Todd Blanche.