The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Awwwww…Chris is having a sad .  

Actually Chris, we would like the 5,000 number to be less than 2,000.   We would like any court to allow challenges not just the liberal DC court.  We would like the President to not have the authority to suspend the “zero tolerance tough measures” and have it be an equal party commission voting on that.   We would prefer to not have the tough measures sunset.  

After that, let’s see how things go!  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s actually pretty funny that Republicans blame her for all the winning over the last 7 years.  

She does hold blame, so does Trump for endorsing bad candidates.  So do the voters who vote for those candidates in the primaries and so do the “influencers/grifters online” who peddle those bad candidates for their own profit.  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

She does hold blame, so does Trump for endorsing bad candidates.  So do the voters who vote for those candidates in the primaries and so do the “influencers/grifters online” who peddle those bad candidates for their own profit.  

Hey, I can't stand the woman.  But, since I despise both parties, any person in her position is crap to me.  They don't care about truth and only gaining power for their party.  But, it was virtually impossible for her to do her job once the party became a cult behind their dear leader.  Everyone was required to profess their devotion to him, or they are excommunicated from the party.

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

1.  Stop burning books you weirdos.

2.  Who else has made/tried making a homemade flamethrower when you were a kid?  I did!

Can of Axe and a lighter was all you needed 

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The GOP in its current state is a party that cannot lead govt.  

Rebellion in the Senate, Rebellion in the House.  All due to Mr Chaos Trump   Nikki is right - can this nation stand 4 years of Trump chaos?  No.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/07/mcconnell-gop-rebellion-border-deal-00139972

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4451239-cruz-says-its-time-for-mcconnell-to-step-down-as-gop-leader/

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/07/house-gop-defeats-mayorkas-impeachment-israel

House Republicans' exasperation and angst boiled over on Tuesday as votes to impeach Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and pass an
Israel aid package went down in defeat.

Why it matters: It's part of a broader pattern of House Republican leadership struggling to pass measures through the narrowly divided chamber due in large part to their sharply divided conference.

• "I knew that we would have … the ability to block the Democrat agenda," Rep. Ryan Zinke (R-Mont.) told Axios. "We've exceeded my wildest expectations on blocking, because we not only block the Democrat agenda, we block the Republican agenda."
  • "We don't have command of the field," he added.

Driving the news: The Mayorkas vote ended in a 215-215 tie after three Republicans — Reps. Ken Buck (Colo.), Mike Gallagher (Wisc.) and Tom McClintock (Calif.) — joined Democrats in voting against it.

• Coming out of the chamber after the vote, conservative Rep. Troy Nehls (R-Texas) called the result "shameful," telling Axios: "I mean, what the hell are they thinking? We should have gotten this done."
  • "I'm frustrated," said Rep. Cory Mills (R-Fla.). "There's a plethora of reasoning and justification and evidence ... I just don't understand why we can't do the one thing the American people want."
  • Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), one of the most vocal supporters of impeachment, said of the Republicans who voted against it: "I don't think I have to give them a message — I think they'll hear from their constituents."
  • "It's very frustrating as a freshman to realize that we don't have the cohesiveness and the fortitude to come together to vote what's right for America," said Rep. Mark Alford (R-Mo.).

The other side: The Republican defectors on impeachment argued Mayorkas hasn't committed an impeachable offense — denting the credibility of the effort.

• "Creating a new, lower standard for impeachment ... won't secure the border," Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-Wisc.) said in a statement.

The Israel bill, which failed to garner the two-thirds majority it needed to pass, spawned its own set of GOP anger as the Senate also struggles to pass a bill to fund Israel, Ukraine, Taiwan and border security.

• "'Frustrating' is not the right word … it's maddening," Rep. Derrick Van Orden (R-Wisc.) told Axios.

•  
  • Plus1 2
  • TBH 2