The Republican Utopia

GOP now officially the Trump party, the Trump cult -it has become a religion - The RNC has given it structure, the dogma begins with 2020 election being fraudulent and ends with the creed that "Only Trump Can Fix things" - he is the savior of the world.   They are willing to send any and all Americans to their chaotic hell if they do not believe their doctrine .

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/10/politics/lara-trump-rnc-2020-election-fraud-claims/index.html

The Republican National Committee last week sent out a scripted call to voters’ phones on behalf of new co-chair Lara Trump saying Democrats committed “massive fraud” in the 2020 election.

It’s the latest example of how the RNC under the former president’s daughter-in-law is perpetuating lies about the 2020 election, even as prominent Republicans say the party needs to look forward to win in 2024.

“We all know the problems. No photo IDs, unsecured ballot drop boxes, mass mailing of ballots, and voter rolls chock full of deceased people and non-citizens are just a few examples of the massive fraud that took place,” the RNC call said. “If Democrats have their way, your vote could be canceled out by someone who isn’t even an American citizen.”

The claim of “massive fraud” in the 2020 election marks a significant shift in messaging for the RNC because lies about the 2020 election had not been a consistent theme in its messaging since Donald Trump left office.

But the call’s message is largely consistent with the views publicly espoused over the past four years by Lara Trump, who was elected as co-chair in early March as part of Donald Trump’s takeover of the GOP. Lara Trump has a long history of echoing his election fraud claims, according to a CNN KFile analysis of her past statements as a commentator and surrogate for the former president.

“I’m sure you agree with co-chair Trump that we cannot allow the chaos and questions of the 2020 election to ever happen again,” said the call, which was obtained by CNN’s KFile from the anti-robocall application Nomorobo, which estimated 145,000 calls were sent with the message from April 1-7.

It comes amid previous CNN reporting about the RNC asking employees who are reapplying for their jobs whether they believe the 2020 election was stolen in an apparent litmus test for hiring. The RNC denied any such litmus test existed. Lara Trump and new chair Michael Whatley succeeded Drew McKissick and Ronna McDaniel, who had earned the ire of the former president because of his dissatisfaction with how the RNC handled claims of fraud around the 2020 election, CNN previously reported.

There is no evidence of widespread fraud in the 2020 election, as even some state GOP election officials and former Trump Attorney General William Barr have acknowledged. The former president and his supporters filed more than 60 court cases in six key battleground states following the election and lost every one of them. And, they have still not brought forth any evidence of the rampant cheating they continue to talk about on the campaign trail.

But in the years since the 2020 election, Lara Trump has continued to push claims of fraud. Her comments have been in line with those of her father-in-law, who’s successfully reshaped the GOP in his image and easily secured his third-straight GOP nomination this year.

• TBH 1
4 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Civil liberties aside... how did the vote end up?

You mean the vote where the dysfunctional Republicans shot down debate on their own party's legislation......again?  That vote?  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

47 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

You mean the vote where the dysfunctional Republicans shot down debate on their own party's legislation......again?  That vote?  

Unless I missed something, the "dysfunctional" Rs voted the same as every single D

• Fire 2
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Do you think that's a good thing for the Republican party?

I think that, in it's current state, the R party is completely dysfunctional. I was wondering what point the op was trying to make? Was voting with all the Ds bad? Was the no vote itself bad? Is 702 bad?

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I think that, in it's current state, the R party is completely dysfunctional. I was wondering what point the op was trying to make? 

He was saying that the Republicans are dysfunctional. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Which you are also now saying. But you seem defensive about that, which is why you brought up that the "dysfunctional" Republicans voted the same as the Democrats. Which isn't a point worth making, because the Democrats didn't vote against their own House rules. 

Don't bury the lede.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 2
16 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I think that, in it's current state, the R party is completely dysfunctional. I was wondering what point the op was trying to make? Was voting with all the Ds bad? Was the no vote itself bad? Is 702 bad?

I think this vote was bad. No matter who was voting against it.