The Republican Utopia

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

So, you disagree with me after agreeing with me?

Okay, you have the right to change your mind but I still do appreciate that you did originally agree with me.  

Keep digging. I'm sure you'll find the bottom of that hole eventually.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Keep digging. I'm sure you'll find the bottom of that hole eventually.

That is not the quote you are looking for...

It is 'What is the first rule of holes...stop digging when you are in one"

Look, we both agreed that we don't want nut job parents grabbing lesson plans from teachers.  I don't know why you are upset now, we agree.

• Oh Yeah! 1
47 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That is not the quote you are looking for...

It is 'What is the first rule of holes...stop digging when you are in one"

Look, we both agreed that we don't want nut job parents grabbing lesson plans from teachers.  I don't know why you are upset now, we agree.

FWIW, some of your education-related posts often come off like you don't think non-teachers or non-educators should have opinions about education or be able to influence education. Looking back at the last few pages, I don't think that's what you believe... but it is sometimes more ambiguous than not.

I mean yeah, no parent or non-educator should be able to waltz into a classroom and write the lesson plan. But would you agree we should be able to share our opinions on education in a formal and respectful format, perhaps even in a way that could ultimately influence lesson plans?

• Plus1 3

11 minutes ago, Enhance said:

FWIW, some of your education-related posts often come off like you don't think non-teachers or non-educators should have opinions about education or be able to influence education. Looking back at the last few pages, I don't think that's what you believe... but it is sometimes more ambiguous than not.

I mean yeah, no parent or non-educator should be able to waltz into a classroom and write the lesson plan. But would you agree we should be able to share our opinions on education in a formal and respectful format?

Sure, if you are a non educator and you want to email your kids teacher with some ideas that might help them, that is great.

Just like if you are a patient and you say to your doctor "Hey, so I heard about this...what do you think about it?"

But, you don't go to your mechanic and tell them how to fix your car.  Because you are not a moron jacka$$.

You don't take golf lessons and tell the pro how to swing, because you are not a moron jacka$$.

You don't tell your wife she should get the DD implants, even though that is what you want want, because you know better.   Okay, that example doesn't work.

But if you want to share your OPINIONS, sure, go for it!  If you want to change education...getting a f#&%ing teaching degree.  No normal person disagrees with that.  

With that said, some of it is in good fun for the super normies.

• Oh Yeah! 1
5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm always amused when someone assumes their opinion is the norm and only people outside the norm would disagree.

100% agreed!  We agree again! 

Also, I don't think my opinion is the norm.  I just think it is right.  

Can I ask what you do for a living?

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Sure, if you are a non educator and you want to email your kids teacher with some ideas that might help them, that is great.

Just like if you are a patient and you say to your doctor "Hey, so I heard about this...what do you think about it?"

But, you don't go to your mechanic and tell them how to fix your car.  Because you are not a moron jacka$$.

You don't take golf lessons and tell the pro how to swing, because you are not a moron jacka$$.

You don't tell your wife she should get the DD implants, even though that is what you want want, because you know better.   Okay, that example doesn't work.

But if you want to share your OPINIONS, sure, go for it!  If you want to change education...getting a f#&%ing teaching degree.  No normal person disagrees with that.  

With that said, some of it is in good fun for the super normies.

I have zero problem with non teachers being on school boards. Just like I don’t have a problem with non doctors being on hospital boards, non civil engineers bring on city councils and non business people being on company boards. 

Any board of directors, no matter who they are, shouldn’t be micro managing the organization.     But, those boards have influence over the organization that the members might not like. I understand why teachers don’t like non teachers having influence, but tough s#!t.  That’s life. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1