Immigration Ban

They got a stay for those currently arrived or those in route - won't impact much more right now. They also asked for a list of those that are being detained, as that's not been allowed as of yet and they have lost folks, some of which as late as 9:30 were being told they had to board planes back to their country of origin.

Edit - WaPo update attached (haven't read this article yet myself)

• Fire 2

Also, for those of you so inclined, I'd highly recommend following the ACLU on FB/Twitter etc. I made a donation to them a few months ago and they also do a nice magazine that is mailed out with overviews and etc. I never realized how broad their focus was. What an amazing organization.

• Fire 2

You know what gave me great hope? When the International Refugee Assistance Project put out a call for help today they got 3000 volunteer lawyers that reached out in 4 hours. There are more good people than bad.

We have the power to affect great change, even from home, with the use of social media. I mean, I'd rather be out there protesting myself, but it's hard to find a hub for such activities in Central Nebraska. But alas, the capabilities we have at our fingertips are just limitless compared to previous generations.

Couldn't write this story better if you tried:

• Fire 2

You know what gave me great hope? When the International Refugee Assistance Project put out a call for help today they got 3000 volunteer lawyers that reached out in 4 hours. There are more good people than bad.

http://www.ajc.com/news/national/airbnb-offers-free-rooms-those-affected-immigration-ban/s3OGt2FZjCpOlaZWBENnWM/

“Not allowing countries or refugees into America is not right, and we must stand with those who are affected,” Brian Chesky posted Saturday on Facebook. “Airbnb is providing free housing to refugees and anyone else who needs it in the event they are denied the ability to board a US-bound flight and are not in your city/country of residence.”

Great to see the world stepping up. I think that's an important takeaway, really -- we cannot merely rely on governments. This has always been true. No matter who is in charge, there's a step-to-it-ness that we must demand of ourselves, as humans on this earth.

We have the power to affect great change, even from home, with the use of social media. I mean, I'd rather be out there protesting myself, but it's hard to find a hub for such activities in Central Nebraska. But alas, the capabilities we have at our fingertips are just limitless compared to previous generations.

Couldn't write this story better if you tried:

Yes we do!

If you haven't done so already ... the link attached makes it real easy to identify, write/call/email your rep to tell them what is important to you. https://www.womensmarch.com Doesn't do a whole lot here in my very, very blue state - but would be more impactful there in Central NE.

We are having gathering at bars here about once a week to do postcards to ours with our topics that are crucial to us. Might be a good week for immigration ... and certainly a good week for a drink or three.

• Fire 1