2017-18 Roster

Can't wait for the PBA announcer next season..."And now...at center...a 6 footer from Chicago...Glynnnnnnnnnnn Watson"

Do you have any eligibility left, Teach? You're a black hole in the post, but you would provide some more size than Watson.

Full court? I would die!

Now...if they starting hosting games at the Beta back court...I could probably give some tick.

Well, let's see what happens.

#3, #8, #9 and #11 no longer here.

#1 & #4 coming off season-ending injuries

#5 and #10 haven't played a game yet.

That leaves #2, #6, #7, #12 and #13 as "known" quantities.

That's a lot of question marks to hope things work out.....

And also a lot of changes in six weeks.....

"That's a lot of question marks to hope things work out..."

You'd sound so much better if you'd just say...

"That's a lot of question marks, I hope things work out."

Instead, it sounds like you are hoping for the worst.

Doesn't matter what I hope for.

Four out of five years Miles has delivered pretty much the worst.

If Evan Taylor can't shoot over 24% from 3 point range then he shouldn't be on the floor. I don't care how "good" his defense is (which I never really saw to begin with). If you can't score you shouldn't be on the floor.

I somewhat disagree with this statement. There are plenty of guys in college basketball that are classified as defensive stoppers. If there is enough offense on the floor, you can have a guy who isn't super skilled at shooting. North Carolina just won a national championship with Theo Pinson playing big minutes for them. That guy can't shoot a lick, but he is awesome at defense, and does enough on the offensive end, through rebounds and assists.

If Evan Taylor can't shoot over 24% from 3 point range then he shouldn't be on the floor. I don't care how "good" his defense is (which I never really saw to begin with). If you can't score you shouldn't be on the floor.

I somewhat disagree with this statement. There are plenty of guys in college basketball that are classified as defensive stoppers. If there is enough offense on the floor, you can have a guy who isn't super skilled at shooting. North Carolina just won a national championship with Theo Pinson playing big minutes for them. That guy can't shoot a lick, but he is awesome at defense, and does enough on the offensive end, through rebounds and assists.

Not to be a jerk, but take a look at Nebraska's roster for next year and tell me where we have guys that have enough offense to makeup for a shooting guard that shoots 24% from distance?

I think the bolded is the difference between UNC and DONU.

I think the bolded is the difference between UNC and DONU.

I agree with that. Carolina had at least 3 other guys who could fill it up. NU doesn't have that.

Not to be a jerk, but take a look at Nebraska's roster for next year and tell me where we have guys that have enough offense to makeup for a shooting guard that shoots 24% from distance?

But is that Taylor's fault and a reason for not playing? Isn't it Miles' job to find a roster with players that can add different skills and strengths? I agree that NU needs more offense on the court, but to say Taylor should never play because he can't shoot at all isn't a valid argument. If Taylor had more offense around him, he would have a role on the team.

But is that Taylor's fault and a reason for not playing? Isn't it Miles' job to find a roster with players that can add different skills and strengths? I agree that NU needs more offense on the court, but to say Taylor should never play because he can't shoot at all isn't a valid argument. If Taylor had more offense around him, he would have a role on the team.

Problem is, he's more of a bench player but we don't have anyone better to start over him

Problem is, he's more of a bench player but we don't have anyone better to start over him

Agree 100%. He would be valuable as 6th or 7th man, playing 15-20 minutes a game.