2017-18 Roster

I hope Jordy can make progress or Copeland turns out to be a good enough player where one of those guys can guard the opposing team's big man. Morrow would be more effective if he was guarding the 2nd biggest guy on the court, and if he was going up against that guy on offense.

Jordy made some pretty impressive growth. We just need to get him to stay on the floor. Fouls really cut down potential minutes. He certainly found some quality post moves. Another off season of learning about the game should be huge for him. Excited about what he'll be down the road.

If he doesn't learn to eliminate some of those silly fouls though, hopefully Copeland can step in and provide a quality starter which will give some more depth with Jacobson coming off the bench. Hopefully having another big will potentially save some mileage on Morrow as well and keep him healthy.

Jordy wasn't able to make much of a contribution in the rotation, until late in the season. He is still very raw, but you can't teach height (and size). I think a 4-man rotation with Morrow, Jordy, Jacobson, and Copeland is a good start for NU at the 2 "big" spots.

At no point was he ever consistent, but he definitely had flashes. That's enough for me to be optimistic about him being a prominent part of that 4-man rotation. Looks pretty darn good on paper, but I guess we'll see if it actually translates to success.

It's not the highlight I wanted, but I couldn't find his awesome up and under from that tournament game. This one is arguably as impressive. While it's not that traditional post move like he showed in the one I wanted to find, being a threat to put the ball on the floor is extremely valuable. Let's hope he finds some consistency as he learns more about the game.

I hope Jordy can make progress or Copeland turns out to be a good enough player where one of those guys can guard the opposing team's big man. Morrow would be more effective if he was guarding the 2nd biggest guy on the court, and if he was going up against that guy on offense.

Jordy made some pretty impressive growth. We just need to get him to stay on the floor. Fouls really cut down potential minutes. He certainly found some quality post moves. Another off season of learning about the game should be huge for him. Excited about what he'll be down the road.

If he doesn't learn to eliminate some of those silly fouls though, hopefully Copeland can step in and provide a quality starter which will give some more depth with Jacobson coming off the bench. Hopefully having another big will potentially save some mileage on Morrow as well and keep him healthy.

Jordy wasn't able to make much of a contribution in the rotation, until late in the season. He is still very raw, but you can't teach height (and size). I think a 4-man rotation with Morrow, Jordy, Jacobson, and Copeland is a good start for NU at the 2 "big" spots.

Morrow getting hurt was the best thing to happen for Jordy this year. It forced Miles to play him through his mistakes that got him a quick hook prior to. Jordy needed the experience of playing meaningful minutes against quality competition. The Morrow injury enabled this and definitely helped the huge strides he made from the start of the year. Another summer of playing and working out, maybe work on a right hand, and he easily puts up at least 10 a game next year

Any word on if Copeland can play first semester or does he have to wait till 2nd semester(B1G play?).

I have the nasty feeling that we might lose Morrow or Watson.

I think Horne might be sick of the Miles doghouse and could see him leaving. Rumor is Fuller might go grad-transfer route.

My guess is something like this:

Morrow/Jordy

Jacobson/Copeland

McVeigh/Roby

Gill/Palmer/Akentan

Watson/Taylor

Jacobson is a workhorse and Copeland will have to earn that spot.

the Wing/SF position is a huge question mark. McVeigh had his moments, but not overly excited about him being our main guy. Ideally Gill and Palmer can help there.

Taylor and Watson probably play side by side but need to have some depth at the PG spot.

I would love to add a TRUE PG. Lance Jeter comes to mind. A floor general who comes as a grad transfer or JUCO and takes Fullers spot.

Talent is there but we need to get over the mental issues.

Copeland made the All Big East Freshman team, he will start over Jacobson

and then lost plaing time to a certain omaha kid.....

MJ will start for beginning of season... Copeland might not even be eligible

Copeland will be one of our best players next season. Horne is transferring

That is a tough guy to count on...stats and injuries would tell another story.

Potential is there, although it's almost impossible to project a guy who hasn't played in how long? Also one who hasn't set foot on the floor with any of the Nebraska guys in a meaningful moment yet. He brings hope though.

That is a tough guy to count on...stats and injuries would tell another story.

Potential is there, although it's almost impossible to project a guy who hasn't played in how long? Also one who hasn't set foot on the floor with any of the Nebraska guys in a meaningful moment yet. He brings hope though.

I see it a little bit like Petteway with the potential. He only avg 3 ppg at TX Tech before coming here but I felt like he had it. This in no ways means Copeland will come in and avg 18 like he did though

I'm starting to get the feeling that Copeland = Tanner Lee.

Well ... Miles is in need of a QB....

Starting to hear some chatter that Copeland might test the NBA waters...

If i know one thing, it's that the NBA takes players recovering from back surgery every year.

He can test all he wants, but he will be at Nebraska next year.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, let's see what happens.

#3, #8, #9 and #11 no longer here.

#1 & #4 coming off season-ending injuries

#5 and #10 haven't played a game yet.

That leaves #2, #6, #7, #12 and #13 as "known" quantities.

That's a lot of question marks to hope things work out.....

And also a lot of changes in six weeks.....

Well, let's see what happens.

#3, #8, #9 and #11 no longer here.

#1 & #4 coming off season-ending injuries

#5 and #10 haven't played a game yet.

That leaves #2, #6, #7, #12 and #13 as "known" quantities.

That's a lot of question marks to hope things work out.....

And also a lot of changes in six weeks.....

"That's a lot of question marks to hope things work out..."

You'd sound so much better if you'd just say...

"That's a lot of question marks, I hope things work out."

Instead, it sounds like you are hoping for the worst.