Jacobsen next on transfer list?

The question you guys need to look into the mirror and truly ask yourself.

"Did we suck because of Miles, or did we suck because of some these players that are transferring?"

We suck because Miles lost the team, and players transferring are a symptom of that.

Look deeper. How did he lose the team??? These are kids we are talking about in most cases.

"Did we suck because of Miles, or did we suck because of some these players that are transferring?"

We suck because Miles lost the team, and players transferring are a symptom of that.

Look deeper. How did he lose the team??? These are kids we are talking about in most cases.
because he didn't do a good enough job.

At what? That is so broad.

1 year before, Jacobsen has his back until the end. Now all the sudden he turns his back? Maybe guys didn't want it as bad as he did and he called them out for it and they didn't like it and wanna give up? Who is that on? Him or the players? Remember the QB comment? This seems to all come back to that. Miles thought they didn't want it bad enough and he was damn right.

At what? That is so broad.

1 year before, Jacobsen has his back until the end. Now all the sudden he turns his back? Maybe guys didn't want it as bad as he did and he called them out for it and they didn't like it and wanna give up? Who is that on? Him or the players? Remember the QB comment? This seems to all come back to that. Miles thought they didn't want it bad enough and he was damn right.

If it was one guy, I may agree. Over 1/4 of the team left...
  • Fire 1

I will give MilesIce all the credit...you are 100% a MilesMan.

I don't care if he stays or goes...I am an Illini fan. I would rather have him stay because he is terrible and it makes an easy win for the Illini...or it should...sadly the Illini also stink.

I'm only a Miles man because I fully support each of our coaches 100% until they are no longer our coach. It's not blind, but I'm faithful.

• Fire 1

I don't care if he stays or goes...I am an Illini fan. I would rather have him stay because he is terrible and it makes an easy win for the Illini...or it should...sadly the Illini also stink.

I'm only a Miles man because I fully support each of our coaches 100% until they are no longer our coach. It's not blind, but I'm faithful.

That is cool and I get that. But, if positive thoughts won games...NU Football would be undefeated.

• Fire 3

I'm the type that typically supports 100% of the time....It is getting pretty hard to stand behind the man right now. He has everything available to him with the facilities, fans, top bb conference, etc... No excuses in my book. He is either the right guy or he isn't.

And that is fine. It's even admirable - if possibly misguided.

But you need to realize that most people aren't like that. We support the team and want us to win. But when what we get is consistently poor, many (most) don't want to keep doing the same thing over and over and just hoping things get better. It's not impossible for things to get better. But at this point it's extremely unlikely. And getting more unlikely with each transfer.

Over the last two or three years there have been an increasing number of players who are obviously not supportive of Miles. If the guys who are around him each day and know what he is trying to do are having a hard time being supportive of him......

It seems that you can't understand that most people see the best hope for getting a better team is to get a different coach. Would we have been able to keep Morrow and Jacobson if we fired Miles right after the season? Impossible to know but now that seems like a much more likely path back to success than what we're currently looking at. So some people's desire to have a good team to support is pretty much lined up with Miles being gone at this point.

• Fire 3

I'm the type that typically supports 100% of the time....It is getting pretty hard to stand behind the man right now. He has everything available to him with the facilities, fans, top bb conference, etc... No excuses in my book. He is either the right guy or he isn't.

You're missing my point. He isn't fired. It's not up to us to decide if he is right guy or not. He is the guy for now, so stand behind if you refuse to stand next to him.

You're missing my point. He isn't fired. It's not up to us to decide if he is right guy or not. He is the guy for now, so stand behind if you refuse to stand next to him.

Matty...is there any chance you are also posting on the Rivals board as "TrueHuskerFan"?

• Fire 1

Tim Miles does a pretty good job of recruiting players for the 3/4 position. He hasn't done well recruiting for the 1/2/5 position which caused the problems we have had. Not having a true 5 allowed defenses to overplay other parts of our offense. If it was a night where we were hitting threes they could extend and shut it down and if not not they can collapse and stop the drive. We rarely have had players from the 1/2 position who are a threat every night to make threes. Gallegos did some and Petteway did also. I'm not saying Jacobson and Morrow were 3's but they certainly weren't 5's. Something we haven't discussed is the possibility of AAU coaches and their influence, getting in the heads of their former players and telling them information that may not be factual.

• Fire 1