Jacobsen next on transfer list?

I'm the type that typically supports 100% of the time....It is getting pretty hard to stand behind the man right now. He has everything available to him with the facilities, fans, top bb conference, etc... No excuses in my book. He is either the right guy or he isn't.

You're missing my point. He isn't fired. It's not up to us to decide if he is right guy or not. He is the guy for now, so stand behind if you refuse to stand next to him.

Matty...is there any chance you are also posting on the Rivals board as "TrueHuskerFan"?

Nope. Don't belong to that community. I only post as MattyIce, TimmyIce and NateyIce

I talked to my son's buddys who play with him at the Y. They are saying he was wanting a guaranty he would not be playing post and be the starting PF. Miles would not give him that. Andy Markowski was also saying that he was going to the bench next year.

Why would he play at the Y and not the rec and/or the PBA

Lmao. Yet you guys think it's Miles fault... I wouldn't guarantee a kid the starting spot either.

Lmao and you're the one who told ME to let it go.

I'm not the one posting that info. Just commenting on what someone brought to the board. If true, you should be quite embarrassed if you're bombarding Miles for losing him under those circumstances.

The question you guys need to look into the mirror and truly ask yourself.

"Did we suck because of Miles, or did we suck because of some these players that are transferring?"

Both. His recruiting has been average/below average and he is an average/below average coach that is getting exposed in the Big Ten...that happens.

I'm not sure it could have been said any better.

The question you guys need to look into the mirror and truly ask yourself.

"Did we suck because of Miles, or did we suck because of some these players that are transferring?"

Both. His recruiting has been average/below average and he is an average/below average coach that is getting exposed in the Big Ten...that happens.

I'm not sure it could have been said any better.

In terms of Nebraska, his recruiting has been the best ever here at Nebraska since they came out with stars and the various recruiting services. The problem is that he has not been able to keep that talent here or find the right fits for his players. His development of players shows he is behind many teams in the B1G, because if he was on par with them, we would have had a winning record this year. We had many close games that we lost, but being close is not good enough, especially when you are clearly the better team.

Mike Jacobsen saw that he would not get better here by playing the 5 spot, so he decided to take his talents elsewhere. He will go to a place that plays him at the 4/3 and starts him over others. If Miles told him he would be coming off the bench, that is a big factor in his decision because some games he started and disappeared after the first few minute of the first half.

I talked to my son's buddys who play with him at the Y. They are saying he was wanting a guaranty he would not be playing post and be the starting PF. Miles would not give him that. Andy Markowski was also saying that he was going to the bench next year.

There is a Y on the edge of campus. These guys said they played pick up games. I just figured it was the Y, as I use to play there when I was younger.

There is a Y on the edge of campus. These guys said they played pick up games. I just figured it was the Y, as I use to play there when I was younger.

Yeah, I get that but do you really think he would be playing there, at the Y, and chatting it up with what basically amounts to strangers and during the game starts discuss pretty private plans about his future?

Is it like "Dang bro, nice 3...Hey hey, pick him up, screen right, screen right...by the way...I told Miles if I am not the starting 4 next year that I am leaving"

Yeah, I get that but do you really think he would be playing there, at the Y, and chatting it up with what basically amounts to strangers and during the game starts discuss pretty private plans about his future?

Is it like "Dang bro, nice 3...Hey hey, pick him up, screen right, screen right...by the way...I told Miles if I am not the starting 4 next year that I am leaving"

I known these kids for years and I have no reason not to believe them. Plus Andy Markowski normally has a beat with what is going on in the program and I believe that Jacobsen is a good candidate to ride the bench next year.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like he is getting some good attention.

Depends who you ask... This late in the game, teams are begging for guys to fill their open scholarships.

Colorado isn't a powerhouse.

Dayton is who they is. Nebraska beat them last year.

Clemson is who they is. Nebraska had them beat last year.

Wichita St. is who they is. They are a good program.

In reality, they are the only one I would put above Nebraska right now.

I don't know the situation well enough to know whether he has offers at all of those schools or not. I'm just saying, I'd only choose to go to Witchita St. out of those choices over Nebraska.