Fightin' Erstads at Ohio State

Great bounce back win.

Still mind boggling that Waldron gave up 6 runs in one inning with two outs and we had nobody in the bullpen warming up.

I know he probably isn't thinking like this but is it possible he didn't want to use anymore relievers and he planned on having Waldron complete the game?

Great bounce back win.

Still mind boggling that Waldron gave up 6 runs in one inning with two outs and we had nobody in the bullpen warming up.

I know he probably isn't thinking like this but is it possible he didn't want to use anymore relievers and he planned on having Waldron complete the game?
With 1 1/2 games to play in one day, Erstad couldn't go through his bullpen in the first game. Waldron had it at 2 outs, so Erstad was hoping to get just one more. Unfortunately, Ohio State kept on coming through with 2 out hits. It sucks that the game was suspended on Friday night because Hohensee was shutting them down. At least NU earned the split on Saturday, and the Huskers have been great on Sundays this year. Taking 2 of 3 on the road is still a good series.

Ugly. Guys need to pick it up. Have some urgency!!

Losing game one after going into the afternoon up 5-2 sucks, but I chalk it up to Ohio State taking advantage of Waldron. 6 runs with 2 outs is somewhat of a fluke.

After the game, Erstrad said his pitches were up. That is a good sign to take him out. Not a fluke.
My comment about a fluke is the fact that Ohio State strung together that many hits in a row. There were 2 out, and it only took one pitch in the right location to induce and out. Yes, it sucks when that kind of thing happens, but with 2 out and you need this guy to eat some innings, it's hard to take him out (especially when there was no one warming up).

NU leads 10-1 in the 7th inning. Barring a complete collapse, it will be another series win for the Huskers. I know we all would love to have sweeps, NU has only lost 1 conference series so far this season. That's good baseball.

Complete collapse engaged

Edit: single plates 2, 11-9 good guys

Edited by nphuskers12
  • Fire 1