The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

12 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

BTW, not everyone can start their own business so your assertion that this proves what I said false is weak.

I said that my grandfather was able to buy a house, a car, and provide for a family of 4 by selling shoes in a shoe store.  He was a common worker and could provide for his family.

Try having someone do that now.  THAT is the loss of the American dream.  Go and watch this documentary...it was released in 2016 or 2017 but was filmed before Trump was elected.  It's almost prophetic in what it predicts will happen...but it also gives you perspective on why the American dream has died.

BTW....what a great propaganda piece put together there.  Like I said.....the American dream has all collapsed so we should just shrivel up and be miserable.  There is no hope without Bernie or Yang.

I'll be sure to show my kids this so they are aware that there is no hope for them.

6 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Yeah, saying this attitude from old people isn't saying all old people have that attitude.  Sorry you don't seem to understand that concept.

And, never have I said that all young people are like what I've described.  In fact, I gave specific examples of people in this age group doing great things.  You're right.  Not everyone can open a business.  Many of the great things I see from this group isn't from just opening a business and these people are being very successful in what they are doing.

And...yes....I've witnessed upward mobility.  It's not dead like what the propaganda piece wants you to believe.  Could we improve it?  Hell yes.  But, to say it's dead....is just nothing more than propaganda.

The presidential primaries weren't very competitive last night but this was pretty cool. 

On principle I feel like there should be a place within the Democratic Party for pro-life people - we cannot all necessarily agree on restricting abortion but other measures which will decrease them overall. 

But given his other credentials, Lipinski was pretty awful. Flipping more seats like this should be where progressives channel their energy if they want real change, IMO.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

This attitude by young people is tired and whiney.

The voters voted and this is who they nominated.  If they wanted their voice heard MORE, then they should have gotten out and voted MORE.  It's simple as that.

The good thing for them, is they have a long time to have influence on the country and our government.  But, their feelings or opinions aren't any more or less important than any other age group.  They also have the same voter influence as any other age group.

Hard to do when the only polling location on college campuses have 3-4 hour lines. Who is able to stay in line for that long? But the old folks home you could get in and out in 10 minutes. You may not like the facts but they were all over the place during this “election.“ They shut down a bunch of latino polling places in AZ the other day. Why latino? The election director f#&%ing walked off stage and said I cant do this while speaking about it. I hope Bernie drops out today. I hope he does NOT endorse Biden. Biden needs to earn the progressive vote himself. 

56 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

BTW, not everyone can start their own business so your assertion that this proves what I said false is weak.

I said that my grandfather was able to buy a house, a car, and provide for a family of 4 by selling shoes in a shoe store.  He was a common worker and could provide for his family.

Smdh.... there are 4 year olds making bank filming themselves playing video games and putting it on YouTube. You can start an Amazon seller account for like $20 and use your smartphone to scan items in retail stores and resell them online. There are tons of people who make a living doing just that. This crybaby defeatist mentality that only the privileged get to start business is just flat wrong. I was born into the lower middle class - trips to McDonalds were a rare treat for me and my brothers. I graduated college $35k in debt, and only 8 years later my student debt is below $7k, and I own several businesses. If I can do it, so can everyone else. It's not supposed to be easy. 

Regarding your shoe salesman anecdote, you have to understand the actual causes of why someone can't do that anymore - the last of which is "corporate greed"... Competition is the main reason, specifically with the internet. Margins on many consumer goods are much lower than they used to be, and since it's much harder to entice consumers to visit a physical store location to buy products in today's world, less people are buying goods in stores. Then rent for retail spaces is exorbitant in many cases. In order to survive, businesses have to constantly adapt to meet the buying habits of the current customer base. 

Your outlook on business, money, life, and the American dream are just wrong. The American dream is alive and well - at least until the left succeeds in trying to destroy it...

2 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Things that tend to increase turnout are not popular amongst Republicans.

Well now there's a clear and obvious reason to push Repubs to pass mail-in ballot legislation. Dems can even show that Repubs are endangering their own elderly voters by not passing these laws.

Just now, ActualCornHusker said:

Your outlook on business, money, life, and the American dream are just wrong. The American dream is alive and well - at least until the left succeeds in trying to destroy it...

4 decades of stagnant wages is strong evidence you're wrong.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Well now there's a clear and obvious reason to push Repubs to pass mail-in ballot legislation. Dems can even show that Repubs are endangering their own elderly voters by not passing these laws.

I'm with you, man. We agree on a lot of reforms that could revitalize our democracy.

I'm just 100% skeptical they'll do anything that benefits Democrats under the current leadership. Even if it means hurting their own voters.

1 minute ago, Danny Bateman said:

I'm with you, man. We agree on a lot of reforms that could revitalize our democracy.

I'm just 100% skeptical they'll do anything that benefits Democrats under the current leadership. Even if it means hurting their own voters.

Probably. But we're in a weird and unprecedented time in politics in many ways. Mitt Romney and other Repubs are proposing UBI. I remain hopeful but skeptical of both parties and all politicians.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Probably. But we're in a weird and unprecedented time in politics in many ways. Mitt Romney and other Repubs are proposing UBI. I remain hopeful but skeptical of both parties and all politicians.

I'm skeptical of both but I've completely lost my faith in the GOP to do anything that helps me or people like me.