The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

6 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Did you watch? What are your thoughts?

I did watch.  I came away feeling better about my decision to support her.

Shes not selling a pipe dream.  Which I like.  I don’t believe in free college for all.  And she’s not up there promising it. She knows that something has to be done about healthcare but she’s not pushing a magic pill like some other candidates that we will just tax the rich for everything and we will be okay.

She likes the ideas in the Green New Deal but doesn’t feel 10 years is an attainable goal for the whole thing.  

This, to me, is the true honest candidate.  Her ideas will appeal to moderates and likely some conservatives where people like Warren and Sanders will not because they go too far to the left.

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

Shes not selling a pipe dream.  Which I like.  I don’t believe in free college for all.  And she’s not up there promising it. She knows that something has to be done about healthcare but she’s not pushing a magic pill like some other candidates that we will just tax the rich for everything and we will be okay.

She likes the ideas in the Green New Deal but doesn’t feel 10 years is an attainable goal for the whole thing.  

This, to me, is the true honest candidate.  Her ideas will appeal to moderates and likely some conservatives where people like Warren and Sanders will not because they go too far to the left.

This gives me someone to watch...I will wait to see if your assessment holds, but (said in best Morgan Freeman voice)... "I hope..."

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

You mean a candidate that isn’t pandering to an extreme and is willing to discuss options without trying to sell pipe dreams. 

• Plus1 1

Warren - universal child care to be funded by wealth tax.    Well she is already to hand out the goodies.   

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-19/warren-to-unveil-universal-child-care-plan-funded-by-wealth-tax

Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren proposed a universal child care plan that would limit American families’ expenses to 7 percent of income regardless of how many children they have in care -- paid for by a tax on the ultra-wealthy.

The Massachusetts senator’s plan, unveiled Tuesday on Medium.com, would make child care free for families with incomes below 200 percent of the poverty level, or less than $51,500 for a family of four. Other families would pay up to 7 percent of income, depending on how much they earn.

Schultz (Starbucks not Sargent :D)  notes that  a far left person won't beat Trump.  I'm beginning to agree with him.  As these Dems race to the furthest point left, I think they will outrace the general population and more importantly the likely voters.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/howard-schultz-digs-in-says-radical-left-democrat-cant-beat-trump

Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz rejected Democratic complaints that his Independent 2020 campaign will guarantee President Trump's re-election, and said Democrats themselves will guarantee a Trump victory by nominating a "radical left" nominee.

"The stakes are too high to cross our fingers and hope the Democratic Party nominates a moderate who can win over enough independents and disaffected Republicans, and even fellow Democrats, to defeat Trump next year," Schultz wrote in a blog post Monday. "That any opponent can oust Trump, no matter how far to the radical left they are, is a fallacy."

“Those so concerned about a centrist independent being a spoiler should perhaps ask another question: Will the eventual Democratic nominee be the party’s own version of a spoiler?” Schultz wrote.

• Plus1 1

Just now, TGHusker said:

Yep --  in our race to making everyone 'equal' we pull equality (fairness) from others. 

If our government would just address the tax loopholes that exist today, there would be no need to vilify people that make money and get them to pay for everything based on new special taxes.

Amazon made $11B in profit in 2018.  They will receive a refund from the government because of tax incentives and loopholes.  Think about that.  Trump did a disastrous thing by lowering the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%.  Amazon turned that into a -1% tax rate for themselves on $11 BILLION DOLLARS.

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Warren - universal child care to be funded by wealth tax.    Well she is already to hand out the goodies.   

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-19/warren-to-unveil-universal-child-care-plan-funded-by-wealth-tax

Schultz (Starbucks not Sargent :D)  notes that  a far left person won't beat Trump.  I'm beginning to agree with him.  As these Dems race to the furthest point left, I think they will outrace the general population and more importantly the likely voters.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/howard-schultz-digs-in-says-radical-left-democrat-cant-beat-trump

People shouldn’t be having herds of kids if they can’t afford them. Promoting giving birth to a buttload of children because the government will pay for it is a terrible idea.

35 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

If our government would just address the tax loopholes that exist today, there would be no need to vilify people that make money and get them to pay for everything based on new special taxes.

Amazon made $11B in profit in 2018.  They will receive a refund from the government because of tax incentives and loopholes.  Think about that.  Trump did a disastrous thing by lowering the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%.  Amazon turned that into a -1% tax rate for themselves on $11 BILLION DOLLARS.

Gross.

54 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Do you have information on Amazon’s taxes you can share?