Northwestern Out-Pacing Nebraska in Coach's Salaries

Northwestern will pay its two highest-profile coaches roughly 40 percent more annually than Nebraska does.

Roll that around in your brain.

Northwestern, which has lost more football games than any FBS program except Indiana, will pay its coach a million dollars a year more than Nebraska, which has won more games than all but Michigan, Notre Dame and Texas.

Fitzgerald’s arrangement now stretches 10 years, through the 2026 season. Northwestern, as a private school, doesn’t reveal salary information. But reports from trusted reporters indicate a raise to approximately $4 million a year.

Nebraska coach Mike Riley has a contract through February 2020 at a current annual salary of $2.9 million.

Even in basketball, it makes little sense for Northwestern to outgun Nebraska in salary by nearly a million dollars a year.

Collins did take Northwestern to the NCAA tournament for the first time in March. The Wildcats’ first-round victory over Vanderbilt left Nebraska as the only power conference school winless in NCAA play at 0-7.

OWH

• Fire 1

Really hope the Huskers do well this year so people will get off Riley and this staffs backs. I think we have a great staff in place now and I think we are getting great value.

It's Barfy and, in the larger scope, the OWH. That likely won't happen, even should Riley win a National Title.

Really hope the Huskers do well this year so people will get off Riley and this staffs backs. I think we have a great staff in place now and I think we are getting great value.

It's Barfy and, in the larger scope, the OWH. That likely won't happen, even should Riley win a National Title.
honestly I was speaking about some fellow members of this board, but the point likely remains the same XD
  • Fire 1

honestly I was speaking about some fellow members of this board, but the point likely remains the same XD

Ha ha, point taken.