BTN: 2017 Husker Schedule Anaylsis

Toughest conference game: Let’s go with the trip to Penn State on Nov. 18 in the penultimate game of the season. The Nittany Lions are loaded and may be the preseason Big Ten favorite coming off an improbable conference title in 2016. These storied programs haven’t clashed since 2013—in State College–and have met just three times since the Cornhuskers joined the Big Ten. And Nebraska has won all three meetings. PSU last toppled the Huskers in 2002 in Beaver Stadium. The visit from Ohio State on Oct. 14—the Buckeyes’ first to Lincoln since 2011 when NU won 34-27–will be a challenge, as well. The Buckeyes have won the last two vs. Nebraska in dominating fashion, taking a 62-3 decision last year in Columbus and a 63-38 outcome in 2012 in Columbus.

Toughest stretch: November will be a challenge as it opens with a visit from Northwestern, which could be the Big Ten West favorite. That’s followed by consecutive games at Minnesota and at Penn State. Then, the season ends with a visit from Iowa. This stretch could make or break the Huskers’ West Division title hopes. The games vs. Northwestern have been fun and exciting, as the Cornhuskers have won four of the last five. But the Wildcats won the last time they visited Lincoln in 2015. Nebraska won the last meeting vs. Minnesota. Before that, the Gophers took two in a row from the Huskers. Nebraska has won all three games vs. Penn State as a member of the Big Ten. Iowa has won the last two vs. Nebraska.

BTN

vs. Arkansas State

@ Oregon

vs. Northern Illinois

vs. Rutgers

@ Illinois

vs. Wisconsin

vs. Ohio State

@ Purdue

vs. Northwestern

@ Minnesota

@ Penn State

vs. Iowa

I agree with the toughest stretch. After the bye week, it's 3 road games in 5 weeks, with a short week following the trip to State College.

I disagree that Penn State is the toughest game, though. We're 0-2 vs. Urban Meyer by a wide margin. We're 0-0 vs. James Franklin.

Despite what happened last year, I still fear the Buckeyes, even at home, more than the Nittany Lions in their own den.

Problem for Oregon: It will be early on in their new era of coaching. They will have almost no game footage to watch either because this team won't really resemble last years squad. We have the advantage.

Problem for Wisconsin: All good things come to an end. This magic streak against NU is over. Their doninance in this series has been hanging by a thread during the Riley era. The Lincoln crowd will want blood from this team. I hate Wisconsin.

Problem for Ohio State: They lost a lot of talent to the draft. Their last trip to Lincoln was during a bad year and a bad coach, but they will still be familiar that winning in Lincoln isn't exactly a cake walk, especially if Nebraska comes into the game hot.

Problem for Penn State: 0-3 vs Nebraska as conference foes, that includes 2 losses at home. This team snuck up on everyone last year, they won't have that luxury in 2017. Expectations are high and nobody wants to remember how they almost played themselves out of title comtention last year in more than one game. They'll be a better unit overall I feel, but not a juggernaut. EDIT: Also, this team was a disaster against the pass last season. If Lee clicks with his WR corps, expect us to give the Nittany Lions all sorts of fits.

Problem for Iowa: They are Iowa and are destined to turn in a 5-7 year, this feels like that year to me. Plus this game is in Lincoln and regardless how the season plays out the Husker crowd is starting to loathe the Hawkeye trash that comes across state lines.

Problem for Ohio State: They lost a lot of talent to the draft. Their last trip to Lincoln was during a bad year and a bad coach, but they will still be familiar that winning in Lincoln isn't exactly a cake walk, especially if Nebraska comes into the game hot.

I've seen you post in the Recruiting forum.

Ohio St never has an issue restocking. Signed 17 (seventeen) four and five star players this past February. They could almost walk out a freshman team entirely made of that caliber of player.

I think we have a shot at a great season, potentially 10 wins. I just don't see any way we don't get throttled again in that one.

I've seen you post in the Recruiting forum.

Ohio St never has an issue restocking. Signed 17 (seventeen) four and five star players this past February. They could almost walk out a freshman team entirely made of that caliber of player.

I think we have a shot at a great season, potentially 10 wins. I just don't see any way we don't get throttled again in that one.

Nowhere did I indicate they couldn't refill spots, we see them do it every year. But eventually, a couple spots end up not clicking for whatever reason and problems arise. This could be that year.

It was the biggest flaw in their armor I could mention, lets be honest.

Problem for Oregon: It will be early on in their new era of coaching. They will have almost no game footage to watch either because this team won't really resemble last years squad. We have the advantage.

Problem for Wisconsin: All good things come to an end. This magic streak against NU is over. Their doninance in this series has been hanging by a thread during the Riley era. The Lincoln crowd will want blood from this team. I hate Wisconsin.

Problem for Penn State: 0-3 vs Nebraska as conference foes, that includes 2 losses at home. This team snuck up on everyone last year, they won't have that luxury in 2017. Expectations are high and nobody wants to remember how they almost played themselves out of title comtention last year in more than one game. They'll be a better unit overall I feel, but not a juggernaut. EDIT: Also, this team was a disaster against the pass last season. If Lee clicks with his WR corps, expect us to give the Nittany Lions all sorts of fits.

Problem for Iowa: They are Iowa and are destined to turn in a 5-7 year, this feels like that year to me. Plus this game is in Lincoln and regardless how the season plays out the Husker crowd is starting to loathe the Hawkeye trash that comes across state lines.

I like your thinking Redux. Street Novelist says don't sleep on Oregon, which I don't think anyone will, but I don't think they go from 4-8 to an 11-1 team just by getting a new coach. They have talent, but they don't have that kind of talent. I see 7-5 or 8-4 for them next year.

Here is thing with Wisconsin, they will be good as usual and a tough game, but I am not sure they are going to be better than they were last year. They have a lot coming back defensively, which is good for them, but they lose there top 3 playmakers on defense which can hurt. I like are chances because I think that Nebraska will be better and I think Wisconsin will be about the same.

Ohio St is going to be good and ole Urban always has them ready to play Nebraska, this is going to be a tough one.

PSU on paper should be good, I get that, I still want to see them do it again. They had a great year last year and had a lot of things go there way that made for a great season, it doesn't mean they are completely back and contending for a spot in the playoffs though. I just see an 8-4 9-3 season for them. Why can't Nebraska be one of those teams that beats them.

I think Iowa takes a step back this year. I just don't see them being that great 7-5 maybe even 6-6.

I'm not saying we have a bad year, but I can't think of a worse year when you look at the returning starters statistically. Aside from potential it's not pretty

Top 2 RBs barely got over the 4 ypc mark, none got to 500 yds

No returning WR that had over 500 yards or 2 TDs

K Williams not even starting

Kalu moved to Safety

Leading returner for sacks is 3

Gates playing out of position and we have zero OT depth

Freshman WRs if Morgan or DPE go down

First year starting QB

First year D coordinator who changed the scheme to a 3-4

AKA we need a lot of kids to step up this season...

• Fire 2