2017 NBA Finals - Cavs vs. Warriors

2017 NBA Finals  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought in game 3 and 4 I saw a lot more ball movement from the Cavs. In the road games though they were very stagnant at times. Kyrie needs to work in around a little to move the defense, then with 10 or less seconds on the clock do what he does best which is get buckets. During the series Kyrie would not pass the ball and a long miss lead to transition buckets for the warriors, so in a sense the Cavs play better when the ball is moving.

I would bet the Cavs make some moves but this team is still elite, they are 2 min away from a 6 game series and lots of missed shots that can be fixed in the future. Wonder what they will do as they are in luxury tax doom. Someone on the bench needs to step up because Lebron and Kyrie can't play 45 or more minutes every game to win.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a team in the league that doesn't play better when the ball movement is there. NBA defenders and team defense is too good to try and do everything in ISO situations like the cavs did.

I thought in game 3 and 4 I saw a lot more ball movement from the Cavs. In the road games though they were very stagnant at times. Kyrie needs to work in around a little to move the defense, then with 10 or less seconds on the clock do what he does best which is get buckets. During the series Kyrie would not pass the ball and a long miss lead to transition buckets for the warriors, so in a sense the Cavs play better when the ball is moving.

I would bet the Cavs make some moves but this team is still elite, they are 2 min away from a 6 game series and lots of missed shots that can be fixed in the future. Wonder what they will do as they are in luxury tax doom. Someone on the bench needs to step up because Lebron and Kyrie can't play 45 or more minutes every game to win.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a team in the league that doesn't play better when the ball movement is there. NBA defenders and team defense is too good to try and do everything in ISO situations like the cavs did.

Agree on this. Which is why it seems odd to me that almost the entire NBA has gone away from it.

Agree on this. Which is why it seems odd to me that almost the entire NBA has gone away from it.

I think the biggest reason it's made its way to the NBA is the AAU circuits. There is absolutely no ball movement in those games and everything is 1-on-1 to try and impress coaches in attendance. There is very little time spent on the little things that can win teams games. Scoring is at an all time high because of the attention paid to being able to score and the lack of attention paid to playing actual defense instead of AAU teams sitting in 2-3 zones all summer.

• Fire 1

I wonder if Steve Kerr gets enough credit for what he's accomplished these last three years. In 2013-2014, Mark Jackson had the same core players (Curry, Thompson, Green, Iguodala, Barnes) but went 51-31, only got a #6 seed, and lost to the Clippers in the first round. Steve Kerr comes in goes 67-15, gets the #1 seed, and wins it all! That is incredible improvement in one year. The system and culture he has instilled has helped make the Warriors a dynasty.

• Fire 1

I wonder if Steve Kerr gets enough credit for what he's accomplished these last three years. In 2013-2014, Mark Jackson had the same core players (Curry, Thompson, Green, Iguodala, Barnes) but went 51-31, only got a #6 seed, and lost to the Clippers in the first round. Steve Kerr comes in goes 67-15, gets the #1 seed, and wins it all! That is incredible improvement in one year. The system and culture he has instilled has helped make the Warriors a dynasty.

I would say he probably gets the credit he deserves. No doubt Jackson laid the ground work for what this team has become and Kerr even said as much recently. Kerr is a perfect coach for the group that is currently assembled. At the same time I would say the core group of guys gets just as much credit. They have grown into and understand their respective roles on the team very nicely.

My Oklahoma City Thunder would disagree. Get out of the way and watch Westbrook get 40 a night and a triple double.

If he had better players around him or better shooters around him you are correct. But it pains me to watch my favorite team run no semblance of an offense except watch Russ do all the work.

My Oklahoma City Thunder would disagree. Get out of the way and watch Westbrook get 40 a night and a triple double.

If he had better players around him or better shooters around him you are correct. But it pains me to watch my favorite team run no semblance of an offense except watch Russ do all the work.

Which can also be argued as to why the other players on his team aren't better shooters. He dominates the ball so much that the other guys aren't getting the shots they would need to consistently be a threat. And trust me is Westbrook trusted anyone but himself on that team the ball would move more. Westbrook has no other way of creating himself opportunities to score except for when the ball is in his hands. A lot of standing and watching when he doesn't have it.

I was thinking about this the other day. He got a bunch of credit when they first started to dominate, but I haven't heard a peep about him for a long while now. It's been all about Curry (now KD).

Worth pointing out I'm basing this entire statement on what I hear on ESPN radio on my daily commute.

Eh ... it kind of works, partially because a lot of the NBA kind of does that.

But it also got them a #6 seed and a 4-1 first round exit so......

• Fire 1