2017 NBA Finals - Cavs vs. Warriors

2017 NBA Finals  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If people don't like the Warriors dominating, they could do something about it other than bitch.

They're fans - in their defense, there's nothing else they can do. ;)

The NBA's biggest benefit and biggest curse is it's superstar focus. Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James - no other major sports league has as much of a focus on the individuals, and when you have all-time legendary individuals playing it's great, but when you don't, it's boring as hell because you have a bunch of wannabes still playing iso ball but without the ability.

I agree about the power of the individual, but we have all time legendary greats playing right now. Do you mean there's a problem with individual greatness across the board?

No, individual greatness is great. I'm saying that the NBA hitches it's wagon and it's marketing and strategy wagon to individual greatness and when that's lacking, or when someone bucks the trend and does something that can be better (Spurs and Warriors), it's 'bad' for the league but the league made it's bed.

Well, I think almost every major sport markets on individual greatness. It's amplified in basketball because the rosters are so small and one player's impact can be so much more substantial. That's why I've never been a fan of basketball conceptually.

I think the sheer greatness of one team and a lack of power among some of the league's historic greats is the biggest issue for the average fan. Interesting parity and compelling story lines are lacking. The NBA has to sell people like me to watch the games and it's not working.

The NBA sucks and it all started with letting HS players and one and done's from college be draft eligible.

When was that rule change?

There was the 1971 Supreme Court decision that a player must wait four years from HS graduation, and then Moses Malone went straight from HS to the ABA in 1974 and Darryl Dawkins to the NBA in 1975. Or do you mean when it became more popular following Kevin Garnett in 1995?

I don't think there should be any restriction on when an athlete can declare or be drafted. And I don't think the NBA sucked because it didn't require KG, Kobe, Tracy McGrady, and LeBron to play college.

The NBA sucks and it all started with letting HS players and one and done's from college be draft eligible.

When was that rule change?

There was the 1971 Supreme Court decision that a player must wait four years from HS graduation, and then Moses Malone went straight from HS to the ABA in 1974 and Darryl Dawkins to the NBA in 1975. Or do you mean when it became more popular following Kevin Garnett in 1995?

I don't think there should be any restriction on when an athlete can declare or be drafted. And I don't think the NBA sucked because it didn't require KG, Kobe, Tracy McGrady, and LeBron to play college.

They players you mentioned were able to elevate to the NBA standards. But mostly the quality has just decreased to compensate for players just not being that good. Especially for what they get paid

Well, I think almost every major sport markets on individual greatness.

Maybe you're misunderstanding me somewhat. Of course every league has superstars that make for better ratings and publicity, that's not what I'm saying. The NFL, for example, has superstar players - but the core fundamental principle of their approach is parity amongst cities. The NFL is what it is because their entire business model is centered around making every city's team as equal as possible so they all believe they can win.

• Fire 1