Scrapping the 'Startup Visa'

Trump administration scrapping startup visa rule: http://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Trump-administration-has-plan-to-scrap-startup-11236692.php

The Trump administration plans to delay and ultimately scrap a rule that would allow some foreign entrepreneurs to stay in the U.S. and build their companies, according to an administration official citing a final draft of a Federal Register notice.

The International Entrepreneur Rule, the closest the United States has come to the startup visa Silicon Valley has long sought, was approved by the Department of Homeland Security in January during President Barack Obamas waning hours in office. It was supposed to go into effect July 17.

Concise summary:

I was surprised by this at first; it seems like the sort of thing Republicans typically wouldn't be against. Then I remember what Trump band frontman Steve Bannon said about all the Asian CEOs in Silicon Valley. It's telling that this is a nightmare for him, especially when its not remotely true.

America's winning so hard we won't know what hit us.

Republicans are anti-regulation, pro free enterprise, unless you hire non-Americans or are non-American or are American and not White.

I work at a company founded by a non-American, and it employs thousands of Americans. We're shooting ourselves in the foot, and maybe even the head. We're turning away brilliant people who dream of being here. It's not just this but they want to make H-1B's harder to obtain. That's basically what half the people I went to school with had.

• Fire 2

At some point do they ever actually stop and think about what they're doing? Literally everything the Republican party and Trump are doing is going to bite us in the ass in the long run. Yes we need to make some hard decisions on the budget, immigration reform, etc. but the manner in which they go about it is so asinine!

We're going to make the hard decisions you mentioned ZRod. But it's going to be a partisan exercise that doesn't weigh public opinion.

If I recall correctly, a majority of Americans support a moderate position on immigration favoring a path to citizenship, rather than deportations. There's support for tightening the belt fiscally, but not hacking budgets to pieces. But that's what they want to do.

It's a shame they're doing this. It's going to hurt American innovation and continue to make our country seem like a bunch of isolated, xenophobic idiots. Unfortunately, that type of rhetoric plays well with the Bannonites protectionist xenophobes in their party.

“It surprises me that the administration would not see this as an opportunity to grow more jobs in places that desperately need it,” Farrah said.

This pretty much says it all. Why in the wide world of sports would Trump oppose *this*? Quite perplexing. :dunno:

It surprises me that the administration would not see this as an opportunity to grow more jobs in places that desperately need it, Farrah said.

This pretty much says it all. Why in the wide world of sports would Trump oppose *this*? Quite perplexing. :dunno:
Obama supported it.

I've never said Republicans hated Obama because he was Black, but I'm convinced Trump and some of his cronies do. And also Obama made fun of him a few times.

Trump wants to wipe out everything Obama ever did to make it seem like he never existed. It doesn't matter what policy it is, they've been getting rid of it. And I don't care if the theory sounds crazy. Trump is a petty little a-hole-child. I'm 99% sure of this.

Someone commented a couple days ago that they probably have a checklist of all Obama policies and just go through it row by row and I don't find that hard to believe.

The only criteria for any of this sh#t was that Obama was president when it happened, so let's make it go away.

• Fire 2