Mavric

2018 Walk-On Class

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

Both Johnson and Matt Masker recently de-committed from SDSU to walk on at Nebraska.  This makes me happy on multiple levels.  Jacks fans are none too happy.  Sends a big message, IMO.  Frost is putting his money where his mouth is...

...maybe that's what all the money emojis over faces have been about?.....:dunno$$$

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

Both Johnson and Matt Masker recently de-committed from SDSU to walk on at Nebraska.  This makes me happy on multiple levels.  Jacks fans are none too happy.  Sends a big message, IMO.  Frost is putting his money where his mouth is...

...maybe that's what all the money emojis over faces have been about?.....:dunno$$$

I am not paying their tuition, but if their parents can make it work for the first 2-3 years at NU, these guys can always transfer down to the FCS level and get a scholarship, if they have no hope in playing for Nebraska.  Not everyone can afford to make this work for 4-5 years, but it's worth a shot for some kids.

Some guy from Westside just committed to walk-on at Stanford..? No clue who this kid is or why I've never heard of him? Does anyone know more? 

Might have been a better post for 2018 in-state kids thread. 

9 hours ago, Day by Day said:

Has there been any word on that Corbin kid?

He was with Cam'ron Jones when they talked to him, and they both made it sound like he was surely coming.

My guess: He hasn't signed the paperwork that says he is going to walk on.  They had 17? listed as walk-ons, and I think they have 20 committed, so there may be a couple others in the same boat.

25 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

He was with Cam'ron Jones when they talked to him, and they both made it sound like he was surely coming.

My guess: He hasn't signed the paperwork that says he is going to walk on.  They had 17? listed as walk-ons, and I think they have 20 committed, so there may be a couple others in the same boat.

Thanks. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think we're OK with Frederick. He was all decked out in Huskers gear at the signing day ceremonies at his high school

• Plus1 1

Bellevue West head coach Michael Huffman was on the field for his first practice leading the North team for the 2018 Shrine Bowl of Nebraska when he heard a sound that made him stop in his tracks.

There was North Platte’s Bryson Krull, who committed to Nebraska as a walk-on tight end, booming punt after punt through the air unlike any high school player Huffman had ever seen.

Seeing how that list includes former NU All-Big 12 punter Alex Henery, Huffman’s reaction certainly carried some weight.

“I was blessed to be on the staff with Alex Henery at (Omaha) Burke when he was there,” Huffman said. “The ball did not come off his foot like it comes off Bryson Krull’s foot. He almost explodes the ball, and I’m worried because those things are like 79 bucks a piece.

“I hope (Nebraska’s coaches) already know that, but (NU linebackers coach) Barrett Ruud will be getting a text as soon as we’re done with camp to make sure.”

HOL

I only watched the first quarter,  but Joe Johnson and Krull looked great. There was another that is committed to Morningside that will be really good there.