Ahman Green Arrested

Fru

I was once an expert on parenting, with brilliant clarity on all topics...

...and then I had children.

I seem to know very little about parenting now that I'm experiencing it.

and I've known my future stepchildren for 6 years. Creating this criteria is stupid in the first place, especially when you don't know about the people you're talking to.

All I can think of on this is when I was growing up if I would of told one of my parents I wasn't going to do what I was told I would have expected an ass whippin.been there done that.once .I knew where the line was drawn.

A literal ass whoopin? A spanking? A slap in the face that causes bruises and scratches?

Are you trying to say your experiences as a child are relevant? Or is it only people with biological children whose own childhood experiences are relevant? Just trying to figure out what the rules are.

Did you ever get slapped or punched in the face by your dad? Did it cause bruises?

People are mentioning ass whoopings and lashes. Are they rquating it with getting slapped in the face? They aren't the same thing.

An ass whuppin.that's pretty self explanatory.I'm not saying it was the best or most productive way to go about teaching your son a lesson at the time but it worked.my parents grew up very old school,yes sir yes ma'am respect your elders Ect and raised us kids the same way.

No it isn't. I wouldn't have asked if it was. If I said I kicked someone's ass, it means I beat them up. Not literally kicked their ass. I'm not sure on the ass whoopin phrase.

Are you trying to say your experiences as a child are relevant? Or is it only people with biological children whose own childhood experiences are relevant? Just trying to figure out what the rules are.

Did you ever get slapped or punched in the face by your dad? Did it cause bruises?

People are mentioning ass whoopings and lashes. Are they rquating it with getting slapped in the face? They aren't the same thing.

Yep and yep...

If I remember correctly I was punched/slapped by my dad for punching my brother in the head. The only mistake was doing it in front of my dad!

I'm not going to be sorry for my comments that some feel were condescending. I do feel that if you aren't a parent, then your opinion on parents matters don't matter much to me. If you don't like that, tough.

Have you ever been the head coach of a major division 1 football program?

• Fire 1

An ass whuppin.that's pretty self explanatory.I'm not saying it was the best or most productive way to go about teaching your son a lesson at the time but it worked.my parents grew up very old school,yes sir yes ma'am respect your elders Ect and raised us kids the same way.

No it isn't. I wouldn't have asked if it was. If I said I kicked someone's ass, it means I beat them up. Not literally kicked their ass. I'm not sure on the ass whoopin phrase.

my bad Mo that's on me.no I didn't get a complete beat down as in a fight but I got my back side tanned pretty good.after that when my dad said he wanted me to do something it was yes sir!
According to WBAY-TV, other people present in the home at the time of the incident witnessed Green picking his daughter up but didn't witness him punching her. WBAY-TV reported that Green's wife told police that the daughter had talked about making a call to authorities so her father would get into trouble with the law.

LINK

First, nobody in this thread is advocating that parents punch their children. Nobody. Spanking a child? Yeah, well, it seems like there are divided opinions on that issue.

Second, none of Ahman's family saw him punch her--except the daughter of course. And the daughter had talked (apparently beforehand) about calling the police to get him in trouble. Is is possible that Ahman might just be telling the truth?

The mere fact that someone is accused of something doesn't mean they are guilty. Perhaps people should remain more open minded about this until all the facts are in.

• Fire 2

According to WBAY-TV, other people present in the home at the time of the incident witnessed Green picking his daughter up but didn't witness him punching her. WBAY-TV reported that Green's wife told police that the daughter had talked about making a call to authorities so her father would get into trouble with the law.

LINK

First, nobody in this thread is advocating that parents punch their children. Nobody. Spanking a child? Yeah, well, it seems like there are divided opinions on that issue.

Second, none of Ahman's family saw him punch her--except the daughter of course. And the daughter had talked (apparently beforehand) about calling the police to get him in trouble. Is is possible that Ahman might just be telling the truth?

The mere fact that someone is accused of something doesn't mean they are guilty. Perhaps people should remain more open minded about this until all the facts are in.

if this is true his daughter has some issues to deal with.