Will Nebraska have a top 25 scoring defense?

Nebraska's 2017 Scoring Defense  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted NO.

As we will likely pass more, we will likely tend to have more 'feast or famine in our offensive possessions. This will likely result in our opponents getting more good field position possessions. I also factor in the probability of less than stellar punting once again, although I believe our punting will improve somewhat. More subpar punts will mean yet more better than average field positions for our opponents. To hold down scoring, our defense will need to make dramatic improvement in getting turnovers and 3 & outs and of course we will need to score more than last year if we are to improve our win/loss numbers.

Although I remain optimistic (more likely than not) that we can get to ten wins, we WILL have to outscore teams more than hold them down to get these wins. There will also be two or three games where our opponent will score plenty and bring that average up as well. We need to score more than 35 a game to win ten games. Not sure but I don't see many 21 to 14 wins and it seems getting shut outs is a thing of the past.

I vote yes. They play some fantastically bad offensive teams.

Purdue, Iowa, Rutgers, Illinois and Minnesota: Those teams should not get over 21 on the Huskers.

On a scale of 1-10, one being not worried at all and 10 being worried as one can possibly be, where would you rank your concern level with the shift to a 3-4 scheme and how that will impact the defense's performance?

Like a 1, I don't think the switch is all that big of a deal.
Agreed. I think the transition is way easier than what people make it out to be.

After one day, the percentage poll results on Omaha.com remain unchanged - 75 percent voting yes and 25 percent voting no.

Conversely, we have 53 percent voting no and 47 percent voting yes. Our sample size is significantly smaller - 59 votes to their roughly ~1400.