LJS: No Excuses for Cav's Line This Year

Where are you seeing ameer led the nation in yards before contact? I can't find that anywhere.

It was reported during his senior year.
I don't believe you
I really don't care if you do.
Abdullah's senior year he was hit behind the line of scrimmage more than any other back in college football.... it was reported his senior year.

Where are you seeing ameer led the nation in yards before contact? I can't find that anywhere.

I don't believe you
Abdullah's senior year he was hit behind the line of scrimmage more than any other back in college football.... it was reported his senior year.

I can't find in statistics on yards before contact but according to Football Outsiders our offensive line was #11 in the country in Adjusted Line Yards for the year so I think it's pretty plausible to think that AA would have at least been in the Top 10.

• Fire 1

I don't believe you

I can't find in statistics on yards before contact but according to Football Outsiders our offensive line was #11 in the country in Adjusted Line Yards for the year so I think it's pretty plausible to think that AA would have at least been in the Top 10.

not really anything to do with the yards before contact stat. Abdullah could be hit at the line every play theoretically but if he managed to get positive yards the line would grade well

I don't believe you

not really anything to do with the yards before contact stat. Abdullah could be hit at the line every play theoretically but if he managed to get positive yards the line would grade well

While I hate to admit it because I've been anything but impressed with our line play, I do remember hearing that stat. Although, I still believe that had more to do with AA's ability to make people miss than excellent blocking.

I don't believe you

While I hate to admit it because I've been anything but impressed with our line play, I do remember hearing that stat. Although, I still believe that had more to do with AA's ability to make people miss than excellent blocking.
I must have a poor memory of that year'. If you watch ameer's highlights you can see some massive holes at times, he was also really good at making himself small to avoid contact in the hole. My biggest complaint about the line the last 5+ years is the inconsistency (which could apply to the whole team). Michigan state in 14 really stands out in that regard.

I don't believe you

To say it has "not really anything to do with" it is pretty short-sighted. Technically it's correct but very unlikely to the point of not really being worth talking about. As I said, it's not perfect but absent the actual yards before contact stat it's the best anyone's come up with.

You obviously don't want to believe it. And that's fine. But you don't have any stats to back up your position either.

• Fire 1

I don't believe you

To say it has "not really anything to do with" it is pretty short-sighted. Technically it's correct but very unlikely to the point of not really being worth talking about. As I said, it's not perfect but absent the actual yards before contact stat it's the best anyone's come up with.

You obviously don't want to believe it. And that's fine. But you don't have any stats to back up your position either.

Im not the one who started using that stat to back up my argument of how good the o-line was. I'm also not claiming the o-line was terrible, I think it was better in '10-14 than it has been the last two years.

I don't believe you

I must have a poor memory of that year'. If you watch ameer's highlights you can see some massive holes at times, he was also really good at making himself small to avoid contact in the hole. My biggest complaint about the line the last 5+ years is the inconsistency (which could apply to the whole team). Michigan state in 14 really stands out in that regard.

Completely agree. I think most would agree with that.

All you have to do is go look at the Joe Moore award each year... There is a mid season report and if your line is on there... They're doing ok.

http://joemooreaward.com

Btw, our oline was on this list last year and we were second in the big ten in yards before contact through our first five games... Then people started getting hurt we started playing teams with defenses and it was downhill after that.

FIFY

• Fire 3

All you have to do is go look at the Joe Moore award each year... There is a mid season report and if your line is on there... They're doing ok.

Btw, our oline was on this list last year and we were second in the big ten in yards before contact through our first five games... Then people started getting hurt and it was downhill after that.

Just for sake of reference they voted the Iowa Hawkeyes as having the best offensive line unit last year. Better than Alabama, Michigan and Ohio State just to name a few.

Personally I have never heard of this award until today.

Btw, our oline was on this list last year and we were second in the big ten in yards before contact through our first five games... Then people started getting hurt and it was downhill after that.

Just for sake of reference they voted the Iowa Hawkeyes as having the best offensive line unit last year. Better than Alabama, Michigan and Ohio State just to name a few.

Personally I have never heard of this award until today.

You do realize they had 2 guys rush for over one thousand yards last year right?

http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/team/312/rushing/index.html

Their line was pretty amazing.

Iowa finished 8th in the league in rushing last year. Ohio State and Michigan were #1 and #2 respectively...