Trump Domestic Policy - Budgets, etc

5 hours ago, commando said:

why didn't anyone think of this before?  :facepalm:

Trump, who was the president-elect at the time and had promised to wipe out U.S. debt in eight years, reportedly offered a solution: “Just run the presses — print money.”

Need a couple of more :facepalm::facepalm: and a :bang

from the article:

Trump, who was the president-elect at the time and had promised to wipe out U.S. debt in eight years, reportedly offered a solution: “Just run the presses — print money.”

Woodward wrote that Cohn then went on to explain how printing more money is thought to lead to inflation and could be catastrophic for the fiscal health of the U.S.

"It was clear that Trump did not understand the way the US government debt cycle balance sheet worked," Woodward wrote.

Cohn said on Tuesday that portrayals of him in Woodward’s book are inaccurate. He did not specify which accounts were incorrect.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, schriznoeder said:

I honestly hope that Trump and the Republicans put forth a HUGE fight to slash SS and Medicare.  I wonder if my parents in their 80s would still love him.

Of course...in the end, I would hope they wouldn't get slashed.

I think if they do that next year, it would speed up the ushering out of Trump and the Republicans.

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I honestly hope that Trump and the Republicans put forth a HUGE fight to slash SS and Medicare.  I wonder if my parents in their 80s would still love him.

Of course...in the end, I would hope they wouldn't get slashed.

I think if they do that next year, it would speed up the ushering out of Trump and the Republicans.

Nah. They'll just wait until they lose control of the House and/or the Senate and then whine about how they don't have the voters to get the deficit under control and the big spending, obstructionist Democrats are ruining the country for future generations.

• Plus1 1

No way, that wouldn't be like the republican party i know at all, duping the poor with 'fiscal conservatism' and promising them tax cuts so they could really cut taxes for their best friends, the richest among us.  I don't believe it, those honorable men wouldn't do that! /s

Republican voters are the same bumpkins that would've lost all their money to "rain machines" during the dust-bowl.

• Plus1 1