Herbstreit

hskerprid

20 hours ago, gorp512 said:

Give it some time. Riley has disproved a pretty big criticism when he fired Banker. He is putting the program in a tremendous position to succeed by hiring and trusting (and paying) the types of coaches who win in today's college football landscape. 

After last night's performance I strongly disagree. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, huskerfan120889 said:

After last night's performance I strongly disagree. 

Full disclosure, I like Diaco. But he was paid the going rate for a top assistant and was in play for an SEC job and chose Nebraska. There are threads in the recruiting section of this very board that likely would not have existed under older regimes (Bookie, Parsons, Williams, Hufanga). That type of buzz is because of the guys Riley hired. 

The results have not been what they should be for 6 quarters this year. I can and should get better. NI is another test next week. 

23 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think it's also healthier when we accept that Nebraska's 40 year run of excellence was extremely rare and unlikely to be repeated, even by the Alabama's.

Doesn't mean we accept mediocrity or give up dreams of dominance. Just tone down the whining a tick. We have to earn our way back, like everyone else. And believe it or not, the media is rooting for it because it would be a good story. 

I agree Guy. The media hate it that they don't have someone to 'hate' for being as good as Nebraska was.  (Here is my hypothesis: I think Coach Riley was hired to calm things down with the fan base after Bo, which he did and now we will keep Rikey until he retires with Scott Frost waiting in the wings. (and getting valuable coaching experience  while he waits!)

Edited by ladyhawke
Typos