***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

The problem with Riley's timeline thus far is that we're seeing now that his supporting cast that he brought from Oregon State was just not good enough to take us back into relevance.

He's now fired, what? His DC, his secondary coach, and his defensive line coach. I like the fact that he made those changes; they speak to his competetive nature - I'm glad he made those changes, for sure. 

But now he's absolutely looking at needing to fire his offensive line coach. For as much as we've missed on bringing in a bit better offensive line talent, there just isn't the OL development that we need. 

And on top of that, Riley really doesn't even coach in-game; he leaves it up to his coordinators. This is a staff scheme where without the right position coaches and coordinators, it just doesn't work. It's not working. And in my estimation, it's completely correctable by Riley. He's corrected some of these issues but there are just so many more. Nevertheless, I still couldn't say for sure that Riley will be fired after this season. Quite possible.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Isle of View said:

Point?

TO hired a good football coach who turned out to be a jackass when he had to work for another authoritarian jackass.  Now people know what kind of a jackass he is, but once Pelini is off the NUAD dole, he'll be back on the market and someone will be willing to ignore the jackassery in return for the winning.  

I don't hold Osborne responsible for Pelini's personal failings.  That's all on Pelini (and a little on Harvey and Sean).

You have never met Bo Pelini, have you?

• Plus1 2

24 minutes ago, Undone said:

But now he's absolutely looking at needing to fire his offensive line coach. For as much as we've missed on bringing in a bit better offensive line talent, there just isn't the OL development that we need.

Something I was saying in another thread yesterday: would firing Cav even matter at this point? I suspect that it's not even so much that he's a bad coach, but rather the real underlying problem is that the system that Riley & Langsdorf want him to teach is crap.

Just now, Toe said:

Something I was saying in another thread yesterday: would firing Cav even matter at this point? I suspect that it's not even so much that he's a bad coach, but rather the real underlying problem is that the system that Riley & Langsdorf want him to teach is crappy.

I genuinely thought Cav would be fired after the NIU disaster. Turns out, I wasn't setting my sights high enough.