***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

13 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

In hindsight, Bo Pelini ripped the fans, ripped the program, and said "I am so outta here!" in 2011, when his AD was still named Tom Osborne. 

Also in hindsight......

By 2011, when Osborne (the aforementioned "still named") was AD, the Perlman shenanigans were fully underway.  It wasn't just Pelini that Perlman had his sights set on to push out.  He actually succeeded in pushing Osborne out first.

Pelini was aware.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, timmytbro said:

Sure, if you have no idea what you're talking about.  Andersen has no QB, but he chased away three that are playing elsewhere including one that beat Oklahoma last week.   Plus, you can't complain about Riley and give Andersen a pass.  

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Toe said:

Eh, I'd still say Andersen's got a couple screws loose. It's not like this is the first time he's abruptly quit his job...

No doubt about that.  During the season, he sent a newspaper columnist texts.  A few where he ripped his coaching staff.  Who confides in a columnist?  Especially one that has a reputation for being more TMZ than Walter Konkrite?  Naturally, they were all published yesterday.

4 hours ago, TheSker said:

Also in hindsight......

By 2011, when Osborne (the aforementioned "still named") was AD, the Perlman shenanigans were fully underway.  It wasn't just Pelini that Perlman had his sights set on to push out.  He actually succeeded in pushing Osborne out first.

Pelini was aware.

Your right. I don't think to many people knew that.

GBR!!!

15 hours ago, KingBlank said:

There wasn't but 40000 people left in that stadium, I was there.  People have emotional outbursts in situations of stress, even with success, fans took it personal, not my problem as I didn't.  And still don't think he was wrong in acting like that.  Poor choice of words, sure.  O by the way the record of that Ohio St. team means zero to your point.  Let's not start on the fact Riley has in fact lost to worse teams then Bo ever did.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1

18 hours ago, KingBlank said:

There wasn't but 40000 people left in that stadium, I was there. 

Why would someone lie about something that is so easily proved wrong?  WE HAVE VIDEO OF THE GAME.

Here's screen caps from about five minutes left in the 4th quarter on, various parts of the crowd. The stadium is still 90% full.

nZPU65S.png

IY5aFAw.png

GhGhU21.png

It took me less than a minute to pull that up on YouTube and screen cap those.  Do some basic research before making these ridiculous claims.

• Plus1 3
23 hours ago, Isle of View said:

"Osborne said Pelini won a lot of games but, in the end, probably didn’t know enough about his character before he hired him."

No doubt.  But he wasn't hiring a family counselor.  He was hiring a football coach, and he hired a good one.  It's not easy to evaluate a person's character in an interview.  In hindsight, it didn't work out so well.  Especially after TO left.  If he'd been replaced by someone besides the Ginger Assassin, things may have been very different.  

I agree. Bo became worse after SE took over. Did SE have anything to do with Marvin and Carl leaving?

I don't have a link that shows a quote of him saying it, but he was meeting with some people today and one of the media people stated that. 

So, any rumor that you have heard about so and so AD being a lock, having an offer, etc, is complete and utterly BS made up by desperate insider wannabes.