Walk on program is failing?

soup

6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Knapp-Just don't.  This is one of the people who have been banned.  I can't remember who exactly but they take what is said to the literal definition.

A walk on tried out but didn't make the team because they weren't good enough means the coach turned them away, in this person's eye

Hilarious.  What other definition of "turned them away" is there?

6 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

I thought this board had an ignore function?

Tom Osborne is the greatest coach in college football history and he's a Husker and this is a Husker discussion forum.  I'm a big fan of his, as are most Husker fans.  I like to discuss all kinds of stuff related to TO. 

Riley is the epitome of mediocrity.  In the last 60 years of Husker football, he's historically bad.  He happens to be a Husker, too.   So he gets discussed a lot on a Husker discussion board.  I have to be honest when I comment on him.  Sorry.

The ignore function is a p u s s y cop out.  

Your comments prove that you can't discuss things objectively.  You're just a homer so it invalidates a lot of what you say

1 minute ago, Isle of View said:

Hilarious.  What other definition of "turned them away" is there?

I rest my case

10 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Knapp-Just don't.  This is one of the people who have been banned.  I can't remember who exactly but they take what is said to the literal definition.

A walk on tried out but didn't make the team because they weren't good enough means the coach turned them away, in this person's eye

I'm well aware of what I'm talking to.  I'm morbidly entertained by the conversation at the moment, but when it stops being fun to so easily embarrass someone's arguments, I'll be done.

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Nah you're insinuating we are turning away guys who would help the team, not my 5'5" buddy who runs a 6 second 40.

No insinuation, I'll say it straight out -- every Husker coach in history has turned away walkons that could've helped the team.  Evaluating talent isn't an exact science.  TO probably turned away more than Riley due to having a larger pool to choose from back then.  

• 3 weeks later...

Random stat that I heard on the Purdue radio coverage of the Purdue game before I got to a TV (listening on XM).  Just remembered it so I thought I'd share (if I didn't put it somewhere else already).

Nebraska (supposedly) has the third-biggest football roster in the country.  Only Army and Navy have more players on their roster.

Just now, Mavric said:

Random stat that I heard on the Purdue radio coverage of the Purdue game before I got to a TV (listening on XM).  Just remembered it so I thought I'd share (if I didn't put it somewhere else already).

Nebraska (supposedly) has the third-biggest football roster in the country.  Only Army and Navy have more players on their roster.

Where in the hell are they all hiding?