tOSU game time

2 minutes ago, Branno said:

Were the only options available an afternoon start on ESPN and a night start on FS1? I don't think that's the case. I'm not sure why you're making this strawman.

lol

you're the one that created the initial strawman of "this is eichorst and riley's fault!"

then you responded to my post as if the entire point of it was that we make a lot of money, when all i was doing was explaining that the tv rights dictated this more than the coaching staff

then you implied that I created a dichotomy that I never even hinted towards. you can't get recruits here for 11:00a games, and often for 2:30 games either. that's true, and all i was getting at in my response.

how many times are you going to completely ignore the point being made? 

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Landlord said:

lol

you're the one that created the initial strawman of "this is eichorst and riley's fault!"

then you responded to my post as if the entire point of it was that we make a lot of money, when all i was doing was explaining that the tv rights dictated this more than the coaching staff

then you implied that I created a dichotomy that I never even hinted towards. you can't get recruits here for 11:00a games, and often for 2:30 games either. that's true, and all i was getting at in my response.

how many times are you going to completely ignore the point being made? 

I honestly don't understand what point you are trying to make. 

I make a post showing that I think this season has been a disappointment. That the fact that we'll most likely have 0 games on ESPN is (in my opinion) an indictment of where this program is.

You brought up money. I said all the money in the world doesn't help if you can't get kids watching the game.

You bring up that we can bring a handful to a night game. I say when did it become this false choice between an afternoon game on ESPN and a night game on FS1.

WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

The opinion that this game being on FS1 is related to Riley and Eichorst making us bad and lame is completely speculative and founded on literally nothing. In fact, FS1 had the first pick, and picked this game. The reason we have this slot on this channel is because we were the most wanted option. Also in fact, one could make a rational argument that this is a better result than an 11:00a game on an ESPN channel, or a regional 2:30p game, and that the reason we were gifted this primetime matchup is because despite our poor performance we still generate tons and tons of eyeballs.

So, you saying, "This is what Eichorst and Riley turned us into. We might not have a game on ESPN at all this year." makes absolutely no sense. 

In my opinion, using the tv slot of the Ohio State game as ammo for you to whine about how our coach and AD are bad guys doesn't make any sense. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

shhhhh facts don't help him advance his narrative 

BWAHAHAHAHA...is this the Politics/Religion board, or football board? :D

And yes, this is very good for Nebraska/tOSU and for Fox Sports, which is why we were picked first and not available for ESPN to pick. 

As for viewership for FS1, the only way they bring viewership is to have a catalog of programming that brings them. ESPN only became *THE* premier place for sports because when it started, there was nothing like it, and the network invested in personalities and differentiating itself once competitors arrived. FS1 is making money and bringing eyeballs to its network, which is helping it expand. 

Also, ESPN has been calling games remotely from their HQ (read: not sending announcers on-site, save for what they deem the top games of the week). Fox Sports (thankfully) hasn't been doing it that much this year, and they've sent folks on-site for all of our games so far. In short, having games on ESPN isn't all its cracked up to be anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

The opinion that this game being on FS1 is related to Riley and Eichorst making us bad and lame is completely speculative and founded on literally nothing. In fact, one could make a rational argument that this is a better result than an 11:00a game on an ESPN channel, or a regional 2:30p game, and that the reason we were gifted this primetime matchup is because despite our poor performance we still generate tons and tons of eyeballs.

In my opinion, using the tv slot of the Ohio State game as ammo for you to whine about how our coach and AD are bad guys doesn't make any sense. 

They're not bad guys... just incompetent.

I respectfully disagree that this will generate tons of eyeballs, and would be interested to see how the ratings end up. I also disagree that with your assertion that this will help with recruiting. I welcome you to dig into our recruiting rankings and see if the number of night games has any correlation with quality of recruits.

But keep ignoring my point, that not having a single game on ESPN this season reflects the status of our program and ultimately hurts us. But don't make your OPINION out to be any more truthful or accurate than mine. Or, be willing to back up your assertions with actual data.

17 minutes ago, Branno said:

But keep ignoring my point, that not having a single game on ESPN this season reflects the status of our program and ultimately hurts us. 

Keep ignoring the point that even if we were undefeated and in the top 10 we still would have had a 6:30p kickoff time on FS1, because they had the first pick of networks.

Or, be willing to back up your assertions with actual data.

Why are you telling me that I have to provide data (which I actually have) for my opinion when you don't provide anything for yours? Are you holding me to a higher standard than yourself?

21 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Keep ignoring the point that even if we were undefeated and in the top 10 we still would have had a 6:30p kickoff time on FS1, because they had the first pick of networks.

Why are you telling me that I have to provide data (which I actually have) for my opinion when you don't provide anything for yours? Are you holding me to a higher standard than yourself?

You keep making these arguments against something I NEVER SAID. I don't know what happened to your reading comprehension...

5 hours ago, Branno said:

This is what Eichorst and Riley turned us into. We might not have a game on ESPN at all this year. 

Why we're in this one timeslot this one week is irrelevant to my actual statement. We're most likely not going to have a single game on ESPN this year, and that is an indictment against where our program currently is. If we were undefeated we WOULD have been on ESPN at some point already, but we aren't and we haven't been. Again, you are so quick to make these attacks on me that you use alternate realities to make a point against a something I never said.

I said I don't like that we aren't on ESPN and you made very specific claims about how it benefits recruiting. I say I doubt your evidence and ask you to back them up with factual evidence and you reply with this.

I can't back up my opinion with facts because it's entirely based on MY disappointment and MY view on where the team is. But since you are so certain that your opinion is fact I expect you to back it up with something substantive. But hey, tell me what you want evidence of and I'll do my best to provide it.

This board is such a f'ing circle jerk. 

16 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Nobody is harder on themselves, or expects more out of themselves than Branno

Really contributing to the conversation here.

1 minute ago, Branno said:

You keep making these arguments against something I NEVER SAID.

Why we're in this one timeslot this one week is irrelevant to my actual statement. We're most likely not going to have a single game on ESPN this year, and that is an indictment against where our program currently is. If we were undefeated we WOULD have been on ESPN at some point already, but we aren't and we haven't been. Again, you are so quick to make these attacks on me that you use alternate realities to make a point against a something I never said.

I said I don't like that we aren't on ESPN and you made very specific claims about how it benefits recruiting. I say I doubt your evidence and ask you to back them up with factual evidence and you reply with this.

I can't back up my opinion with facts because it's entirely based on MY disappointment and MY view on where the team is. But since you are so certain that your opinion is fact I expect you to back it up with something substantive. But hey, tell me what you want evidence of and I'll do my best to provide it.

This board is such a f'ing circle jerk. 

Why are you so infatuated with being on ESPN? I have no desire to be on ESPN anymore. ABC (I know, I know) Fox or FS1 are just fine by me. 

Just now, Landlord said:

Ah, so your statement is irrelevant to this thread, which happens to be about the timeslot of this one week. 

It's about a time slot, and my comment was about time slots. Is there a better thread for it? 

2 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

Why are you so infatuated with being on ESPN? I have no desire to be on ESPN anymore. ABC (I know, I know) Fox or FS1 are just fine by me. 

I don't know why the board is showing me your posts, but I will respond. I use ESPN/ABC interchangeably because.... well... they're the same thing.

2 minutes ago, Branno said:

It's about a time slot, and my comment was about time slots. Is there a better thread for it? 

I don't know why the board is showing me your posts, but I will respond. I use ESPN/ABC interchangeably because.... well... they're the same thing.

Fair enough. Yes obviously everyone would like Lincoln to be featured on College GameDay each week and to be playing at 7:00 on ABC but no one gets to do that. However, if FS1 didn't have 1st pick we would've been ABC this week.

Just be glad we're not the PAC12. I can't even watch their best games of the week generally.

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Apologies. I have nothing to add to your pointless, hypothetical conversation on whether an undefeated Nebraska team (that's currently 3-2) would kick off at 6:30, or 7:30.

I'm pretty sure you're just baiting me now. You do realize that Landlord brought that up... right?