tOSU game time

3 minutes ago, Branno said:

I'm pretty sure you're just baiting me now. You do realize that Landlord brought that up... right?

You posted something that had nothing to do with the Ohio State game time (your words - "Why we're in this one timeslot this one week is irrelevant") in a thread about the Ohio State game time.

3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

You posted something that had nothing to do with the Ohio State game time (your words - "Why we're in this one timeslot this one week is irrelevant") in a thread about the Ohio State game time.

I didn't expect it to become this big thing, you made it a big thing. I'm just as happy to drop it. I hate that we have to have games on BTN and FS1. I hate that our relevance is dropping nationally. That we have to be happy to luck into having OSU on our schedule to get on FS1.

That is relevant to the thread. I'm not responding anymore. I seriously don't get why you are dying on this hill.

4 minutes ago, El Diaco said:

I don't care if we never play another game on ESPN, ever. JMO

They are not the sports network they use to be. I'll take first choice in the pool before I give two craps about not playing on ESPN.

And I'll definitely take a night game.

Did we just become best friends???!!!

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I like Kirk...I think he does a great job.  Will be be bias a bit for OSU?  I would sort of hope so but that doesn't mean it is going to be some hack job.  

True, Kirk is a top 3 announcer, just he favors tOSU sometimes lol... Kirk and Les for the game would be truly amazing

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I like Kirk...I think he does a great job.  Will be be bias a bit for OSU?  I would sort of hope so but that doesn't mean it is going to be some hack job.  

He had to move away from Columbus because of tOSU fans harassing the hell out of him thinking he betrayed the school because he'd try too hard to not show a bias towards them. 

21 hours ago, Branno said:

The money is great for now, but we get way more exposure on ESPN/ABC. That 51 million a year isn't going to get us in front of the eyeballs of potential recruits. It won't get us mentioned during College Game Day. Next you're going to tell me that a BTN night game is better than 11am on an ESPN network.

What are they going to mention on College Game Day about Nebraska?  Who the next AD will be?  Who the next coach will be?  Nebraska has no chair at the table of the national perspective, so however you want to spin it, there is not much to say about us.  With more and more people pulling the cable plug, the ABC time slots and FOX time slots are going to be more enticing to recruits if you want to go there.

On 10/2/2017 at 7:28 PM, Branno said:

The money is great for now, but we get way more exposure on ESPN/ABC. That 51 million a year isn't going to get us in front of the eyeballs of potential recruits. It won't get us mentioned during College Game Day. Next you're going to tell me that a BTN night game is better than 11am on an ESPN network.

I wasn't a top recruit but I didn't get a chance to watch a lot of 11 am games unless it was a Husker game because my coach was an ex-husker and would adjust sat morning practice.  Probably not a lot of that happening for other kids out there.  Probably have practice and then film study.