What did we learn? (Game 6 - Wisconsin)

We won't ever be a Big 12 team again, but we need to start going back to our Big 12 roots in recruiting.  Some guys can coach talent, while others can get talent to play in any system.  I don't know if Diaco is either, but he really isn't the biggest issue with this team.

I said before the game that our offense needed to run the ball in order for the defense to stay fresh.  Knowing that wasn't going to happen, but I think we all knew that.  Remember in Callys first year, we went to OU, and even he ran the ball almost every play.  It was so he did not get killed, but it has its perks.

These are the things that I will never understand about this staff.  We didn't have the horses on D to play a long possession laden game.  We needed to be the team who ran clock.  I think we could have done that for a certain time.  We have more Rbs.  If we had to, Bradley could have ran the ball some too.  He is a battering ram as well.  

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yet we insisted on moving one of our starting corners to safety in the off-season and stubbornly refused to move him back after losing our best corner to injury.  Despite having plenty of options at safety.

HOL

What an absolutely embarrassing quote from Jerald Foster in that article. That is the problem with this team/coaching staff. You would think a starting offensive lineman would want to run the ball and dominate the man across from him every play just like Wisconsin did to our D-line. They bullied us and imposed their will. Our OL doesnt want to do that. Its too hard. Easier to pass block. Move back and keep guys in front of you instead of rolling up your sleeves, and knocking the guy in front of you on his ass. This team is soft. 

• Plus1 2
16 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yet we insisted on moving one of our starting corners to safety in the off-season and stubbornly refused to move him back after losing our best corner to injury.  Despite having plenty of options at safety.

HOL

Sam comments in today's Monday rewind, that NU's secondary is too small and not good enough tacklers to make the tackles it needs to against a team like Wisconsin.  Reed should have been starting over Kalu, even before Reed got a helmet to his knee early in the game.

Sometimes I think Riley thinks it's a game of 7 on 7 out there where the secondary just needs to cover pass routes and the QB doesn't have to worry about handling a pass rush, and small WR's can run free against the secondary until they get open. 

8 hours ago, Rike Miley said:

What an absolutely embarrassing quote from Jerald Foster in that article. That is the problem with this team/coaching staff. You would think a starting offensive lineman would want to run the ball and dominate the man across from him every play just like Wisconsin did to our D-line. They bullied us and imposed their will. Our OL doesnt want to do that. Its too hard. Easier to pass block. Move back and keep guys in front of you instead of rolling up your sleeves, and knocking the guy in front of you on his ass. This team is soft. 

Yeah I was cringing when I read that as well.  

• Plus1 1