What did we learn? (Game 6 - Wisconsin)

It’s not just the run the ball mentality that I’m jealous of. Wisconsin had an answer for everything on the road, in a crazy environment. They’re mentally and physically tough.

Our corners are bad at tackling, but I guess we knew that already.

Lee was alright and made some plays. Ozigbo is my favorite player on this team by far, his runs aren’t always pretty but at least he gives it his all.

We had Wisconsin on the ropes and they looked uncomfortable on defense early on. Then they settled in on both sides of the ball. Crazy how they can make mistake after mistake and still find a way to win. That’s what good teams do.

7-5 is best case scenario. I’m wondering if we reach that.

8 hours ago, Landlord said:

:lol: That is exactly what fair weather means.

Well, actually I believe it really originally meant a fan that liked to go to the games but only when the weather was nice as his interest in the team only was enough to make it worth the while if it was nice outside.   Bad weather made th game attendance not worth it.  

Often now they use the term to describe a fan who only supports his team when they win.    I would tend to call those fans 'bandwagon' fans who jump on the wagon for whichever team is the 'latest and greatest' but will abandon them at the first sign of trouble or a loss.  

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Landlord said:

I think we're all in control of how much enjoyment we get out of Nebraska football, regardless of how good they are or what kind of schemes we run.

Personally, I still absolutely love watching the Huskers, and still have a blast. Even tonight I had a really enjoyable time watching the game and chatting with a bunch of HB members, getting caught up in the emotions and excitement of the whole thing. Idk, maybe it's just me, but I still have a lot of fun.

9 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You are one odd cat

I don't think it's odd at all.  I spend a lot of my entertainment time reading, listening watching, and discussing the Huskers and that will never change.  Plus, I love my gamed day routines and my life would be a lot less enjoyable without my football Saturdays.  

10 hours ago, HuskerMav11 said:

No kidding. When the announcer said "You can't run a play in 6 seconds".. I'm thinking bulls#!t. You run a post to the front pylon of the endzone. Put the ball where only our guy can get it. 3-4 seconds tops. Nope. That's not the play they ran...

It's like he tried to run out the clock but Ozigbo screwed up by stepping out with one second left. Langsdorf might be a false flag.

11 hours ago, lo country said:

We out recruit everyone in the B1G, but PSU, OSU and UM.  You wouldnt know it.

Riley was a bad hire then and a worse hire now.

This staff can't develop talent.

Catchy phrases ie #savagegorillas and #moneyteam don't matter when you can't develop the talent.

The system we need just beat our a$$ unconscious.  If this had been a fight, it would've been called.

Riley and Company can't be gone quick enough.

Caleb has a leg.

I was wrong to think Diaco was good and our D was improving.

Just because we can't beat a 3-4, doesn't mean our 3-4 will beat yours.

We look worse in year 3 with his guys than year one.

The team did have moments of awesomeness.  I feel bad they are saddled with .500 coaches.

Really?  Based on what exactly?  Wisconsin has kicked our asses, often in epic fashion with "lesser recruits"???  I don't buy it.  Just because someone with a blog says this kid is a 5* doesn't make it so.

11 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Really?  Based on what exactly?  Wisconsin has kicked our asses, often in epic fashion with "lesser recruits"???  I don't buy it.  Just because someone with a blog says this kid is a 5* doesn't make it so.

Not tracking you.  The recruit rankings show that NU has been doing better than most in the B1G.......You don't buy we've recruited better or that they continually beat us?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/2/4/10914710/college-football-recruiting-improvement-tcu-baylor

37 minutes ago, lo country said:

Not tracking you.  The recruit rankings show that NU has been doing better than most in the B1G.......You don't buy we've recruited better or that they continually beat us?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/2/4/10914710/college-football-recruiting-improvement-tcu-baylor

More like recruiting rankings are simply numbers that no one understands. I think the further you get from the top, the more meaningless they become. It reminds me of credit score. You can draw some meaning from the numbers, but if you start to make comparisons and rank people by their "recruiter score", you're going to realize that outside of the top and bottom percentiles, it's very difficult to make any correlation.