What did we learn? (Game 6 - Wisconsin)

My morning assessment is strait up the same as my after game assessment.  We played pretty darn well.  I know that this may be an isolated thought, but this game was always going to be a 3 quarter game because if Wisconsin gets you in a hole, they just slowly smother you like a boa constrictor- the 4th quarter was about death.  We had no opportunity to get back in the game.  

We overcame adversity, didn't give in through 3,  and I thought made a step forward in most phases with the lone exception being the receivers.  They cost us the game.

27 minutes ago, HuskerMav11 said:

More like recruiting rankings are simply numbers that no one understands. I think the further you get from the top, the more meaningless they become. It reminds me of credit score. You can draw some meaning from the numbers, but if you start to make comparisons and rank people by their "recruiter score", you're going to realize that outside of the top and bottom percentiles, it's very difficult to make any correlation.

I hear you.  They are subjective numbers, but at the top i.e. teams being talked about for conference championships etc there is no doubt higher ranked teams, more often than not have more success.  

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2016/8/18/12530108/ncaa-football-best-recruiters-2016

This was last year, but 4 of the top 25 played in the playoffs.  2 were in the championship and Clemson won...

This is from 2014, but hard to argue the list

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2014/2/18/5312840/college-football-recruiting-teams-championships

From what our recruit classes are, to our performance on the field shows to me, that we underperform......Thats coaching.  Thats development.  

• Plus1 1

Last five losses to Power 5 teams:

Total score: Nebraska - 89, Opponents - 220

Average score: Nebraska - 17.8; Opponents - 44

If you cut off the Oregon game at halftime (because Oregon barely tried in the second half):

Total score: Nebraska - 68; Opponents - 220

Average score: Nebraska - 13.6; Opponents - 44

#NoBlowouts

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, timmytbro said:

Exactly, it is absurd that people thought we played good. What I saw was a Nebraska team who was being chipped away at, and finally succumbed in the 2nd half. Riley absolutely has no winning culture established in that locker room. 

Exactly.  We played better last night, and was still a 21 point loser.  All I was pointing out was if that effort would have been there for our first 2 losses, I don't think we would have lost those games.  For sure the NIU game wouldn't have been a loss.   

13 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

I learned that after this beat-down and despite mountains of evidence to the contrary, there are still fans that think Riley can win more than 2 more games

This is because alot of fans think we are looking stupid for wanting to win!  Riley more than likely is gone.  That is almost a given right now.  I don't even think that has a valid arguement anymore.  AFter the Buckeyes lay a beat down, it won't matter even more.

Only thing with that is, Urban Meyer might feel sorry for Riley and only put up 50 instead of 60 this time.:corndance