What did we learn? (Game 6 - Wisconsin)

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

For whatever reason, Riley doesn't demand toughness from his team or demand his players to excel. His career at Oregon State was rewarded for being "pretty good" and now he's at NU it's been bad. Riley is done, he knows it, his team knows it. 

I sure hope you are right about Riley being done. this thing is beyond frustrating. Nebraska fans deserve better, the players deserve better. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Were you guys watching the same game I was? NU was dominated in the 2nd half. They didn't "play better". They played like who they are. Against good teams, they have no chance, against bad teams NU might win if they don't make enough mistakes to blow the game. The team is not good. I don't know how you can't see that. 

Exactly, it is absurd that people thought we played good. What I saw was a Nebraska team who was being chipped away at, and finally succumbed in the 2nd half. Riley absolutely has no winning culture established in that locker room. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, timmytbro said:

I sure hope you are right about Riley being done. this thing is beyond frustrating. Nebraska fans deserve better, the players deserve better. 

Bounds and Green commented on NU "competing" when Eichorst was fired. NU didn't compete at all in the 2nd half of this game. Barring a complete change in the team, NU will get smoked at home by Ohio State and on the road at Penn State.  That's at best a 7-5 record with bad losses all throughout the season. That's the best case scenario. I fully expect at least 2 losses to Purdue, Minny, and Iowa. 

• Plus1 1

I learned this team is exactly what I thought is was, and I’m so sad that’s the case. 

We went from 9 wins guaranteed to hoping we only lose 7. 

Our offensive coordinator calls unbelievably stupid plays at the most inopportune times, the pick 6. 

NIU should have been the end of Riley’s stint here, but this has to be the final nail in the coffin. Let’s hope we can get a coach that can win meaningful games. 

• Plus1 2

Madison newspaper, 

The Badgers set up their future by going back to their past. In the second half, UW asserted its physical dominance along both lines of scrimmage, something that has earmarked the series since it resumed in 2011. That would have been unthinkable during Nebraska's glorious past, but the truth is UW now does to opponents what those 1990s Nebraska teams once did. The Badgers are playing the Cornuskers' game, only they're better at it.

• Plus1 2