Game plan to get tOSU score down

Since Riley is basically a nicer version of Callahan, I think he might try and run the ball to shorten the game similar to that Callahan loss to USC  the year they played in LA-

you know play to not be embarrassed. This would cut down on pick 6 type plays that would, if repeated, result in a score close to, or worse than last years game.

If he does that I'd say we only lose by 2-4 TD's not the 6-9 most people expect. maybe that's why the line is at only + 24.5

I happen to think the Dorf doesn't have the capacity to do this, because he suffers from a form of passing Tourette's syndrome that forces him to throw a bubble screen on 3 and 2    

But im going to lower my prediction from 59-6 to 41-13 because I think Riley will try to play to not get embarrassed.

Edited by Whistlepig
  • Plus1 1

It is very difficult to go into a night game at Lincoln and win (for opponents).

With that said, 24.5 is a huge point spread.  It'll pull bettors in on both sides. 

I would feel embarrassed if we didn't cover.  But OSU has been rolling on all cylinders lately.  I'm not sure what to expect :(

49 minutes ago, admo said:

It is very difficult to go into a night game at Lincoln and win (for opponents).

With that said, 24.5 is a huge point spread.  It'll pull bettors in on both sides. 

I would feel embarrassed if we didn't cover.  But OSU has been rolling on all cylinders lately.  I'm not sure what to expect :(

Not to nitpick but isn't the expression "firing on all cylinders" and rolling us is what they'll do to us?  If you meant to combine the two, +1.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Whistlepig said:

Since Riley is basically a nicer version of Callahan, I think he might try and run the ball to shorten the game similar to that Callahan loss to USC  the year they played in LA-

you know play to not be embarrassed. This would cut down on pick 6 type plays that would, if repeated, result in a score close to, or worse than last years game.

If he does that I'd say we only lose by 2-4 TD's not the 6-9 most people expect. maybe that's why the line is at only + 24.5

I happen to think the Dorf doesn't have the capacity to do this, because he suffers from a form of passing Tourette's syndrome that forces him to throw a bubble screen on 3 and 2    

But im going to lower my prediction from 59-6 to 41-13 because I think Riley will try to play to not get embarrassed.

One reason I think Riley is convinced/assured he is gone is the fact he hasn't taken over play calling duties for Dorf yet.  If there was ever a time, Wisky was it this year...Well actually NIU....

Langsdorf gameplan vs Ohio State

1st Down- Screen Pass that either goes incomplete or loses yardage

2nd Down- Run Wilbon right at the line for 1 yard gain or loss

3rd Down- Play Action pass that the defense reads immediately, interception

Diaco gameplan vs Ohio State

1st Down- Curse Langsdorf under breath them call game as normal

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 1
2 hours ago, lo country said:

One reason I think Riley is convinced/assured he is gone is the fact he hasn't taken over play calling duties for Dorf yet.  If there was ever a time, Wisky was it this year...Well actually NIU....

Serious question- what are the head coach's' game time duties?  It seems all the decisions are made by the coordinators.  Maybe game management duties like clock management and penalties?