** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

6 minutes ago, alwayshusking said:

Mike Gundy is a proven P5 coach. One of the better ones out there. I love the potential of Frost but it's a different animal having to play Ohio State, Michigan, PSU, Wisconsin etc. Having to compete with Urban Meyer is a tall task.

Plenty of "hot" G5 coaches flame out when they get to the big time.

Gundy wouldn't leave either, I agree there. 

UCF has a higher Sagarin ranking than every team in the B1G West except Wisconsin.

3 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

image.jpg

How many P5 championships does he have? How many times has he beat Meyer, Franklin, Harbough and Cryst? Ill even throw Dantonio in there. 

Hes in the minor leagues right now batting .300 ready to take the next step but until you face a major leaguer and keep that pace, youre a nobody. 

Edited by Rike Miley
1 minute ago, Rike Miley said:

All the teams he mentioned above are in the B1G east bud

UCF is also ahead of Michigan in the Sagarin rankings.

1 minute ago, Rike Miley said:

How many P5 championships does he have? How many times has he beat Meyer, Franklin, Harbough and Cryst? Ill even throw Dantonio in there. 

:movegoalpost:

2 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

UCF is also ahead of Michigan in the Sagarin rankings.

:movegoalpost:

Nope, not moving the goalposts. You were wondering why I think hes an unknown. Because he hasnt proven himself against the best. 

And Michigan would beat UCF. 

Edited by Rike Miley
Just now, Rike Miley said:

Nope moving the goalposts. You were

wondering why I think hes an unknown. Because he hasnt proven himself against the best. 

Pick the correct word then.  He's about as far from unknown as you can get.  He's at the top of every "Hottest New Coach" list out there.  

Gundy has one Little Ten conference championship in 13 years.  No thanks.

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

Nope, not moving the goalposts. You were wondering why I think hes an unknown. Because he hasnt proven himself against the best. 

Michigan did beat UCF last year.

If we miss out on Frost, I don’t think it’ll be because he’s staying at UCF.

When asked about the possibility of major job offers on CBS Sports Radio, he said he owes it to this team to try to finish out the season.

That doesn’t sound like someone who isn’t entertaining job offers.

Edited by Edison's Enemy
29 minutes ago, alwayshusking said:

Mike Gundy is a proven P5 coach. One of the better ones out there. I love the potential of Frost but it's a different animal having to play Ohio State, Michigan, PSU, Wisconsin etc. Having to compete with Urban Meyer is a tall task.

Plenty of "hot" G5 coaches flame out when they get to the big time.

Gundy wouldn't leave either, I agree there. 

As I posted in the data in another thread, most big time programs end up hiring a P5 coach from a lower level P5 program or from the NFL. In almost all cases the G5 hires at elite P5 programs are chose to candidates. 

Hiring a G5 coach is always a risk and reward hire. Florida hired a G5 coach that won them titles and that guy won titles at another school to. His name is Urban Meyer. Utah was a G5 level school when he coached there. 

Would it be nice to have Coach Frost coach for a few more years so we can really get a test of his coaching ability? Sure, but the timing isn't going to allow for that. THis is the year to pull the trigger and let him do his thing. 

• Plus1 1