** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Edison's Enemy said:

If we miss out on Frost, I don’t think it’ll be because he’s staying at UCF.

When asked about the possibility of major job offers on CBS Sports Radio, he said he’s focused on helping the team try to finish out the season.

That doesn’t sound like someone who isn’t entertaining job offers.

Coaches are always about who they are employed to coach when talking about all of that stuff. EVERY Single one of them. They always leave when the bigger job offer comes calling. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

Coaches are always about who they are employed to coach when talking about all of that stuff. EVERY Single one of them. They always leave when the bigger job offer comes calling. 

Yeah... I know. That’s why I think it was so telling that he said try to finish out the season.

20 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

How many P5 championships does he have? How many times has he beat Meyer, Franklin, Harbough and Cryst? Ill even throw Dantonio in there. 

Hes in the minor leagues right now batting .300 ready to take the next step but until you face a major leaguer and keep that pace, youre a nobody. 

You must be one of those people who can't see a good coach even if the future was already written out for you. Coach Frost is legit. Go and look at the numbers he put up at Oregon when he was calling plays. Look at what he has done with the UCF offense. The guy is a brilliant offensive mind and his system isn't complex to learn or operate. It's all about spreading you out and gutting you up vertically. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Edison's Enemy said:

If we miss out on Frost, I don’t think it’ll be because he’s staying at UCF.

When asked about the possibility of major job offers on CBS Sports Radio, he said he owes it to this team to try to finish out the season.

That doesn’t sound like someone who isn’t entertaining job offers.

Wait, he was on CBS radio???  How'd they found out about him?  I've been told the dude is unknown.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Isle of View said:

Wait, he was on CBS radio???  How'd they found out about him?  I've been told the dude is unknown.

No idea. He hasn’t even won a conference championship as head coach, so he isn’t even on anyone’s radar.

2 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

You must be one of those people who can't see a good coach even if the future was already written out for you. Coach Frost is legit. Go and look at the numbers he put up at Oregon when he was calling plays. Look at what he has done with the UCF offense. The guy is a brilliant offensive mind and his system isn't complex to learn or operate. It's all about spreading you out and gutting you up vertically. 

Furthermore, look at the implosion at Oregon as soon as he left.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Pick the correct word then.  He's about as far from unknown as you can get.  He's at the top of every "Hottest New Coach" list out there.  

Gundy has one Little Ten conference championship in 13 years.  No thanks.

No I used the correct word thank you. Hes an unknown. Hes in his second year as a head coach and hasnt coached a game in a big time conference against big time competition. Talk to me when he beats a top team. Until then Im bowing out of this discussion because youre so short sided when it comes to Frost its creepy. 

Edited by Rike Miley
  • Plus1 1
Just now, Rike Miley said:

No I used the correct word thank you. Hes an unknown. Hes in his second year as a head coach and hasnt coached a game in a big time conference against big time

competition. Talk to me when he beats a top team. Until then Im bowing out of this discussion because youre so one sided when it comes to Frost its creepy. 

Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas.  Chuck Norris wears Scott Frost pajamas.

8 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Didnt say he wasnt a good coach. Im cautiously optimistic and if we dont get him and end up getting another solid

coach Id be happy. People like you are already proclaiming him to be the savior and the next TO. Well what if hes not? 

Can someone tell me one good team UCF has beaten this year. I'm not saying Frost isn't a good coach but some you act like he's the next Bear Bryant. It's whole different animal facing big 10 teams. Some of you have to realize the 90's are over kids coming from all over to come to Nebraska are over. I coach two kids right now that are Elite players that Nebraska recruited a Tackle and Outside linebacker one is the #2 Tackle in California. Both decided to stay and go to Cal because it's closer to home. It's not that they didn't like Nebraska coaches it's just closer to home and everyone is on TV now. So until you guys realize as a fan without in state talent it will be hard to battle for Big 10 titles every year. They can compete in West yes but the talent in Ohio and Pennsylvania give Ohio St.  and Penn. St. A huge advantage.

4 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

There is no reason for SF to coach a bowl game unless UCF makes it to the playoffs. What are the chances an undefeated UCF goes to the playoffs?

Basically none.  They would have to be undefeated and only have a couple undefeated/one-loss Power 5 teams.

They MIGHT get in over a two-loss P5 conference champion.  But even then I doubt it.