** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, Saunders said:

I think we need to keep this from getting personal, or this thread is getting locked.

I think you smell bad!  Wait...sorry...I didn't mean that.

Does anyone know how the school is doing it IF Riley is canned?  Will it be a search firm or Moosey on his own?

11 minutes ago, Otterpop said:

Can someone tell me one good team UCF has beaten this year. I'm not saying Frost isn't a good coach but some you act like he's the next Bear Bryant. It's whole different animal facing big 10 teams. Some of you have to realize the 90's are over kids coming from all over to come to Nebraska are over. I coach two kids right now that are Elite players that Nebraska recruited a Tackle and Outside linebacker one is the #2 Tackle in California. Both decided to stay and go to Cal because it's closer to home. It's not that they didn't like Nebraska coaches it's just closer to home and everyone is on TV now. So until you guys realize as a fan without in state talent it will be hard to battle for Big 10 titles every year. They can compete in West yes but the talent in Ohio and Pennsylvania give Ohio St.  and Penn. St. A huge advantage.

They beat Navy who was in the top 25 prior to their game.  They beat Memphis who is currently in the top 25.  They've won every game against the spread, by an average of over 17 points.  They lead the nation in scoring and in margin of victory.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think you smell bad!  Wait...sorry...I didn't mean that.

Does anyone know how the school is doing it IF Riley is canned?  Will it be a search firm or Moosey on his own?

Considering the admins went with a search firm and our lack of success without a search firm the last two times, I'd be really surprised if we don't use one this time around.

The only way we wouldn't is if everyone is all in on Frost and they have him lined up before the season ends.

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Basically none.  They would have to be undefeated and only have a couple undefeated/one-loss Power 5 teams.

They MIGHT get in over a two-loss P5 conference champion.  But even then I doubt it.  

I think if USF wins out and UCF wins out, by the time they play they will both be top ten.  If UCF then wins convincingly, I think they would get in over any 2 loss P5 champ.

2 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

They beat Navy who was in the top 25 prior to their game.  They beat Memphis who is currently in the top 25.  They've won every game against the spread, by an average of over 17 points.  They lead the nation in scoring and in margin of victory.

So basically no one. 

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Considering the admins went with a search firm and our lack of success without a search firm the last two times, I'd be really surprised if we don't use one this time around.

The only way we wouldn't is if everyone is all in on Frost and they have him lined up before the season ends.

You gotta admit, Frost would be a great moderator.

• Plus1 1

35 minutes ago, Otterpop said:

Can someone tell me one good team UCF has beaten this year. I'm not saying Frost isn't a good coach but some you act like he's the next Bear Bryant. It's whole different animal facing big 10 teams. Some of you have to realize the 90's are over kids coming from all over to come to Nebraska are over. I coach two kids right now that are Elite players that Nebraska recruited a Tackle and Outside linebacker one is the #2 Tackle in California. Both decided to stay and go to Cal because it's closer to home. It's not that they didn't like Nebraska coaches it's just closer to home and everyone is on TV now. So until you guys realize as a fan without in state talent it will be hard to battle for Big 10 titles every year. They can compete in West yes but the talent in Ohio and Pennsylvania give Ohio St.  and Penn. St. A huge advantage.

Coach Frost has two wins against teams with a winning record this year and both will be in bowl games. Out of the remaining games, there are two schools with a winning record. All for 4 those teams will be in bowl games. There isn't an Alabama, Washington, Ohio State, Penn State, etc, on their schedule. 

He has dominated weak teams with average talent. That is what a good coach does. Just like how Urban Meyer dominated teams in his undefeated year at Utah. Urban didn't play any ranked teams that regular season either. He worked out ok I would say. 

Edited by jessica0
  • Plus1 3