Best game YOU ever played in?!?!

1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

I don't understand? Is that a video game?

Video game, ha!  You're talking to only the current and longest reigning RXW World Champion but also a former 2x RXW All American Champion, 1x RXW X-Core Champion and 1x RXW Tag Team Champion.  I think my resume speaks for itself.

Edited by Redux
On 10/21/2017 at 11:47 PM, Coach Power'T said:

Nothing spectacular for me. I played Football and Baseball. I wrestled and also threw shot and discus. My junior year was kind of the blossoming year where I became a starter on the football team, qualified for the state wrestling tournament. I would say the best game I played in would have to be playoffs vs Adams Central in football. We lost. It was a first round game. Had drawn a 7 seed with a 7-1 record (only loss to the State Runner up Boone Central) and a #9 or #10 ranking. Adams Central was like #5 I want to say.

Wrestling in the state tournament though probably doesn't constitute a "game" but qualifying 2 years would be the highlights of my career. I never medaled though I had beaten multiple medalists. I generally don't like to count it but at Midwest Classic a month after the state tournament I pinned the Class A state champion from Kearney. That was fun, cool.....yet meaningless since it wasn't a school sponsored event. So I don't have anything impressive to fit this category.

I've had way more highlights as a coach for 8 years than I did as a participant.

We won a team title at my previous school in Class C wrestling a few years ago. That state tournament was super awesome/fun.

My son played football at Adams Central but I think he was a few years before you.  He graduated in 02.

32 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

My son played football at Adams Central but I think he was a few years before you.  He graduated in 02.

It is interesting to see how teams move up and down through the years.  I haven't lived in Nebraska for 25+ years.  Adams Central struggled when I was in HS. (mid 80's)It is good  to see programs come back and have good teams.

• Plus1 1
On 10/23/2017 at 6:38 PM, Crusader Husker said:

It is interesting to see how teams move up and down through the years.  I haven't lived in Nebraska for 25+ years.  Adams Central struggled when I was in HS. (mid 80's)It is good  to see programs come back and have good teams.

They really put some good teams together starting in the early 90's till about 6 years ago when they moved up to class B for a few years.  They are now back in C1.  They often have solid skill players but struggle to get enough dominant linemen.

Edited by TonyStalloni

Played football, baseball, ran track and wrestled in HS.  I went to Fremont-Mills in Tabor Ia. class of 84.

Best game of football we beat Malvern 34-14 for the Corner Conference Championship my junior year.  I had 20 tackles in the game officially. I don't know if I did or not, but I did have a lot.  

We played Shenandoah in baseball every year.  They were 3x the size of my school, but we usually played them close.  Todd Milliken TE for Nebraska pitched for them in a game.  He had had offers from Okie St. to play base ball also when they were really good.  He threw a 1 hitter against us and I got the hit.   

Ran a relay leg against Todd Frain from Treynor when he was a senior and I was a soph.  He played TE at Nebraska also.  He beat me, but he wasn't overly fast, and he was probably one of the whiniest guys you ever saw playing basketball.  

• Plus1 1

Won a state title in football.  Our defense shut out the number 1 and 2 teams in the state en route to a14-0 season and a  7-0 state championship game.  

Was anchor of 2 relays that won 4 state medals between JR and SR year.  We set our school and conference records.  

Top moment might be winning the beer in hand whiffle ball tournament amongst coaching staffs.  

• Plus1 1