End of an Era.

20 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

A beta leader- that is a perfect description. 

I wish I was wrong but is this what we want? His body language is closed off a lot, crossed arms, head down, with his shoulders hunched over on the sidelines.

I prefer a warrior leader:

os-ucf-fsu-big-12-expansion-scott-frost-

maxresdefault.jpg

That's the kind of guy you play for, go to war for. An alpha leader. Tom Osborne had the same quality. These kind of people have vision, they don't make excuses, and they know when something isn't working, you find a solution with no complaints. They're usually calm and mild mannered and don't let things distract them or bother them.

Based on Riley's body language and the way he carries himself, he's a guy who is worn out and doesn't have the stamina to lead this football program any longer. He is a nice guy, but you know the old saying about nice guys.

I think what Mike is meaning to say is it's a lack of developed talent. But yet, he doesn't point out that the problem for not developing talent lies on... well, not Mike apparently.

I've brought this up before, but it should be said again: Pelini perhaps wasn't the best recruiter, that's fine and an okay thing to admit. But he recruited better than NIU and they came here and WON. That makes the lack of talent argument completely irrelevant.

Edited by ebohnart
  • Plus1 3
40 minutes ago, ebohnart said:

I think what Mike is meaning to say is it's a lack of developed talent. But yet, he doesn't point out that the problem for not developing talent lies on... well, not Mike apparently.

I've brought this up before, but it should be said again: Pelini perhaps wasn't the best recruiter, that's fine and an okay thing to admit. But he recruited better than NIU and they came here and WON. That makes the lack of talent argument completely irrelevant.

Yeah, Bo wouldn't have lost to NIU, but he did have some close calls against lower level schools. Still think blowouts would have happened to Wisconsin and Ohio State but not as bad as they were under Riley. I mean, most of the games against those schools under Pelini, at one point our teams led those games and our offense hung some points on them.

So while Mike Riley might be recruiting a little bit better, I think it is far more important to develop talent than it is to recruit talent. We all thought he was this great developer of lower level talent. It's been quite the role reversal at Nebraska.

Edited by FTW