HuskerBoard Predictor  

14 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Gray commit?

• Nebraska
    • Arizona
    • San Diego State
    • Oregon State

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/2018 at 01:14 PM

23 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

This kid will not win you the B1G West. 

#reality

He’s a high schooler, impossible to tell how he’ll develop in a few years.  But go ahead and trash recruits Riley and his staff offer if it makes your hard on for Frost bigger.

27 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

This kid will not win you the B1G West. 

#reality

If you look at the OL recruits that are signing to teams that have won the west Iowa and Wiscy, they have similar recruits to this kids.  Iowa has 1 committed OL with no P5 offers and the other has 4.  Similar frames too.  But, we need 4 and 5 star OL too win the West, right?

4 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

If you look at the OL recruits that are signing to teams that have won the west Iowa and Wiscy, they have similar recruits to this kids.  Iowa has 1 committed OL with no P5 offers and the other has 4.  Similar frames too.  But, we need 4 and 5 star OL too win the West, right?

We don't have near the culture, attitude, coaching, or commitment in the weight room it takes to mold those kids. And make no mistake they don't choose to go after those kids because they are the best. Both would love to snag 4 and 5 stars left and right but they don't have the recruiting prowess to do so. 

Edited by Decked
1 hour ago, swmohusker said:

I don't want to be Iowa, they aren't the current obstacle. Wisconsin is the measuring stick if your goal is to win the West.

And over the last 2 years they have out recruited us by nearly 3 pts per recruit on the Oline.  Between the last two classes we've had 2 recruits rated higher than their lowest. 

Edited by Warrior10
  • Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I don't want to be Iowa, they aren't the current obstacle. Wisconsin is the measuring stick if your goal is to win the West.

And over the last 2 years they have out recruited us by nearly 3 pts per recruit on the Oline.  

I don't want to be Iowa either,  but I wouldn't mind being their lines on both sides of the ball.  

58 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

But I'm still not convinced this is the kid to get us there.

So we need to keep recruiting Jaylin Barnett types to get to the top.  OL/DL recruiting are the toughest positions to just solely look at rankings and gauge future success.  I am not 100% sure this kid is the kid to get us to the top, but he isnt a fire your coach and the sky is falling offer either.  

46 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

So we need to keep recruiting Jaylin Barnett types to get to the top.  OL/DL recruiting are the toughest positions to just solely look at rankings and gauge future success.  I am not 100% sure this kid is the kid to get us to the top, but he isnt a fire your coach and the sky is falling offer either.  

No, it's just another reason confirming to fire him, imo. Our Oline recruiting trend has been trending down in Cav's 3 full seasons. I'm fine with some Chris Walker's, Boe Wilson's, Will Farniok's, and Broc Bando's of the world.... but sprinkled in with Jamies, Raridon, Matt Farniok etc. 

But last class and this class we seem to be getting a lot more of those "we hope they are diamond in the roughs".... then the others. 

I also tend to be me inclined to agree with those offers when it's a Lincoln, KC, Sioux Falls, etc kid. Not some random from CA.  But that's just personal preference.

Edited by Warrior10

And maybe he's a late developer and is turning into a stud. I'm not an evaluator by any means. 

But he's at a prominent CA school and 1 other P5 team thinks he's worthy of an offer right now. If he was tucked into a lesser population area I'd be more inclined to see the underrated angle. But he's been to the camps and had P5 coaches eyes on him.

Cav needs to be shown the door. No offense to the kid, he might be much better than advertised, but this is the best a Big Ten powerhouse can get? I'm honestly surprised he lasted longer than Hughes, fo' fiddy, and Bonkers. The guy is flat out inept and is our teams' weakest link.

Edited by husker_fan_from_sweden
Spellcheck
  • Plus1 1
4 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Btw, which Iowa committ were you referring to?

• Mavric changed the title to OT Joshua Gray [Oregon State - Signed LOI]