Octavian: One and done?

borN :lol: why i think thats funny? i dunno

But i hope steve-o doesnt really feel that way. If he has a really high draft status i guess i dont blame him, but if the team keeps progressing on both sides of the ball (beck gets some good pt and shows he can run the team, the backs and line show their worth, wr talent starts picking up etc... ) maybe he will just really like playing here and want to try for a championship?? is that too much too ask.... p p please?

I might be pumping some sunshine but if we play up to our capabilities and Beck gets some pt this year i dont think we will drop in rankings much from what we end up with this year.

of course we are nebraska and you know how the media likes us... :sarcasm

My thinking is he's already 24 isn't he? Plus, unlike Bowman, Octavian has shown the ability to dominate. I've seen him in practice.

Octavien is only 21. I think your are thinking of Tomerlin. However, I could see Steve-O playing only 1 full year if he is as dominant as everyone thinks he is going to be.

After sitting out with the injury he knows how fleeting a football career can be. If given the chance I wouldn't blame him for going for the gold if he was projected as a high draft pick.

I agree, but the coaches need to really solidify his draft prospects! If an agent gets into his ear and then he gets drafted in a late round, he would be better off spending the extra year with us.

hmmmm.........i thought death and taxes were the only SURE things??

but i do tend to agree, IF he has a big year, he will go pro...and i don't think anyone here should think less of him for it....it happens all the time

hunter

Agreed. He has been injured for a year. To risk another injury if he is definently going to get paid would be a bad choice.

well didnt Carricker have some injuries that held him back during his freshman and sophmore years? he had a break out year last year and would have gone in the 2nd round (IMO) but he decided to come back for his senior year.

After this year Steve might want to play for a national championship and come back again, provided he gets the medical redshirt.

agreed.....but lots of things go into the decisions these guys have to make...

I might be wrong here, but i think Carriker waiting a year longer and beefing up to almost 300 lbs., still keeping his bullrush speed....will easily make him a 1st round draft pick.....i don't think he would have commanded that attention in the draft last year, that he will get this coming year after he puts up some very impressive numbers....

Octavien has his decision to make too, but just listening to the coaches, it sounds like he will need this whole season to work on his technique..physcially he is just a beast with a super-motor......who knows? depends on how quickly he gets his technique down and who he is listening to come the end of the season..but I think Carriker made an excellent decision to play his senior season here......

hunter

Steve Octavian with a good season will go pro after this year.

wasn't the same thing said of bowman last year? maybe we should let the kid play a few games before handing him the butkus award.

Don't remember it said he was going to win anything, but it did say WITH A GOOD SEASON, which is true, if he does indeed have a good season, chances are high he would go pro.