***Official Northwestern Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

We have some talent at a handful of positions but almost never do we have more than 4 players on the field at a given time that are truly Big Ten "prime' timers.   Just a sad fact and until we are three deep with Big Ten caliber guys, we won't win any titles.   No matter who coaches.   You just don't see any 'great' plays made out there by very many different guys.   One or two guys can't make a whole team great.  They make a few plays but it takes 9 or 10 of the eleven to be consistant enough to win more than 9 and even then, you need luck and turnovers and a few officating calls to go your way to tip you into the win columns on one or two games.  

7 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I dont think so. Lee has been horrible this game with the exception of a few plays and the D just recently decided to pressure their QB. How about Diacos 20 yard deep Prevent?

Other than that we’re still in it.

Sorry, are you saying the d is playing good or bad? I might have misunderstood. 

I think if we had a GREAT offensive line, even T. Lee could be a winning QB (10 wins) and Spiehlman is a near great caliber players.  But really nobody else on the offense has played 'great' ball very many plays.   But, we'd win a lot of games with a great line.   Now, we are far from great on defense but , if we weren't so weak on offense, then Diaco could play less soft and be much more agrressive.   He can't gamble (althoughh he gambles even in the prevent style he plays arguably) because he has no faith the offense will help him out.