Ranking the Riley Hire for a Blue Blood

4 minutes ago, luckyduck said:

At this point I like Callahan way more than Riley.  (I think). Both sucked, but I think Callahan was the better recruiter.  I also have to think Riley was hired solely because his personality was the polar opposite of Pelini.

Callahan's teams could score points too. It was his D that got him canned.

1 hour ago, huskerfan69 said:

callahan had at least coached a super bowl a few year prior to coming here. riley's best accomplishment was playing in the turd bowl.

also callahan had elite recruiting classes. if he had hired better coordinators he might still be here.

No.

He did not know squat about coaching college players, he had too much hubris and his teams work did not match their sense of entitlement.  Forcrying outloud one year he had the team go without padding up and tackling all the way up until the USC game.  News flash Bill this isnt the NFL.  College playersneed to practice hitting.  indicative of how clueless he was.  No one like that would still be here.

Edited by dvdcrr
Just now, dvdcrr said:

No.

He did not know squat about coaching college players, he had too much hubris and his teams work did not match their sense of entitlement.  Forcrying outloud one year he had the team go without padding up and tackling all the way up until the USC game.  News flash Bill this isnt the NFL.  College playersneed to practice hitting.  indicative of how clueless he was.  No one like that would still be here.

And yet, he still was probably better than Riley. Marginally, at least...

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

No.

He knew a hell of a lot more than Riley considering he actually won a division championship.

• Plus1 1