The Democrat Utopia

21 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I don't know. What if they did? It's no worse of an issue than this one, and it's not like swimming is a trans athlete gateway drug. Just don't understand how that's a slope - the opportunity is already there.

I mean, the first thing you do is understand that the NCAA requires athletes switching gender categories to go through a year of hormone replacement therapy before they can compete. 

Maybe the next thing you do is start by figuring out how to differentiate between trans women and hypothetical imaginary men in wigs tucking their junk in playing Juwanna Mann. There's a good and tough conversation to be had about one.

First,,,"requiring" someone to go through replacement is illegale (which is is, you can;t force another humane to take drugs)

And what about..picking your age?

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I don't know. What if they did? It's no worse of an issue than this one, and it's not like swimming is a trans athlete gateway drug. Just don't understand how that's a slope - the opportunity is already there.

I mean, the first thing you do is understand that the NCAA requires athletes switching gender categories to go through a year of hormone replacement therapy before they can compete. 

Maybe the next thing you do is start by figuring out how to differentiate between trans women and hypothetical imaginary men in wigs tucking their junk in playing Juwanna Mann. There's a good and tough conversation to be had about one.

C’mon. This deal is not this hard. If you’re a man who has transitioned to being a woman, you don’t get to compete against women. Period. Now that’s settled, we can figure out how trans that want to play sports can. Personally I don’t care but this charade that has occurred in women's swimming is not the solution. It’s a mockery. It’s a joke.

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

First,,,"requiring" someone to go through replacement is illegale (which is is, you can;t force another humane to take drugs)

And what about..picking your age?

I’m convinced I’m a 9 year old girl. Let the local girl youth league be put on notice, I’m a comin’.

• Oh Yeah! 2
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yes you can lol. Try getting into college without a plethora of vaccines.

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

C’mon. This deal is not this hard. If you’re a man who has transitioned to being a woman, you don’t get to compete against women. Period. Now that’s settled, we can figure out how trans that want to play sports can. Personally I don’t care but this charade that has occurred in women's swimming is not the solution. It’s a mockery. It’s a joke.

Maybe you're right in regards to trans women. I don't know the answer and I even lean on the side of it not being fair for them to compete in women's leagues past a certain competitive level. But it's hard to approach the conversation seriously when you legitimize an absurd "what if a bunch of dudes say they're girls and then wanna go play volleyball?" imaginary question.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

And that’s not to say women are inferior in any way. There are lots of things women can beat men at, even swimming. But the whole basis for competitive sports is that people begin on equal footing. It is inherently unfair for a trans woman (biological man) to compete in womens sports even if in some cases the women may prevail anyway.

I mean, not really. That's maybe an ideal, but it very obviously doesn't actually exist.

Unless you think your gender is one of the primary foundations of equal footing in competition.

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I mean, not really. That's maybe an ideal, but it very obviously doesn't actually exist.

Unless you think your gender is one of the primary foundations of equal footing in competition.

I may have worded “equal footing” poorly but there is an inherent fairness basis in sports. If there weren’t, we wouldn’t have penalties for holding, personal fouls, too many players etc. and pro athletes could compete at whatever lower level desired. Do you really want men competing against women in most sports and then call it fair?

I’m done because this shouldn’t even be a point of contention. The better discussion is how can a competitive environment be provided for trans that do want to compete on an even playing field. That’s the much tougher issue, and unfortunately one I really don’t have any care if it gets solved.

• Plus1 3
5 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Yes you can lol. Try getting into college without a plethora of vaccines.

Maybe you're right in regards to trans women. I don't know the answer and I even lean on the side of it not being fair for them to compete in women's leagues past a certain competitive level. But it's hard to approach the conversation seriously when you legitimize an absurd "what if a bunch of dudes say they're girls and then wanna go play volleyball?" imaginary question.

First...you don't need any vaccines to get into any public institution, that has not been the case for years.

Second...the question I asked is funny but it is the truth.  What do you do if that happens?

In our minds we know that people would not do that BUT we also know there are people out there that WOULD do that, that is what the rules have to be created for, not the people that are doing it right but for the people that would do it wrong.

We know that all the kids in the little league WS are doing it right but yet...there are rules about age?  Why?!?!  We know that no one would ever lie or cheat, right?  Oh, wait.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

First...you don't need any vaccines to get into any public institution, that has not been the case for years.

Second...the question I asked is funny but it is the truth.  What do you do if that happens?

In our minds we know that people would not do that BUT we also know there are people out there that WOULD do that, that is what the rules have to be created for, not the people that are doing it right but for the people that would do it wrong.

We know that all the kids in the little league WS are doing it right but yet...there are rules about age?  Why?!?!  We know that no one would ever lie or cheat, right?  Oh, wait.

almonte2.jpg

Danny Almonte says hi.

On 3/18/2022 at 5:40 PM, B.B. Hemingway said:

I’ll bet it matters to the women losing to a man in a women’s sport for years.

There was a high school women sprinter in the New England area who was denied championships for two years because of a trans runner. The races were not even close, and this young lady could have owned records. I bet she remembers the rest of her life.

• Plus1 4