Defensive Coaching Question

If people are willing to give Parrella (I'll get it right at some point) the benefit of the doubt, due to our inept DC, are you willing to give D. Williams the benefit of the doubt?

Seeing some people say he won't go within 40 feet of Diaco and while this is childish, it seems like our coaches have their hands tied behind their back. Do you think there is actual credence in this, or just collateral fallout? Makes you also wonder if Bookie seeing Diaco in person and spending time with him was part of the reason he mentioned falling out of love with the program by April. Especially since he committed April 18th.

Edited by fire mike
misspelled Parrella.

lol this is were the coaches at nebraska are at right now go away read the end of this song 

Elsa
Do you want to build a snowman?
Come on lets go and play
I never see you anymore
Come out the door
It's like you've gone away...
We used to be best buddies
And now we're not
I wish you would tell me why!
It doesn't have to be a snowman
Go away
Okay, bye...

3 minutes ago, huskerman2018 said:

lol this is were the coaches at nebraska are at right now go away read the end of this song 

Elsa
Come on lets go and play
I never see you anymore
Come out the door
It's like you've gone away...
We used to be best buddies
And now we're not
I wish you would tell me why!
It doesn't have to be a snowman
Go away
Okay, bye...

So, no?

Just now, lo country said:

If they both get a pass, how about Booker?  Whose idea was it to move Kalu?

My reasons for giving Parrella a "pass" is somewhat based on him being a former Husker and also a former NFL player.  I think he has the passion and the experience to be a good coach.  I'd like to see what he could do in a competent scheme.

My reasons for giving DWilliams a "pass" is because he has only been here a year, seems to be a well-above-average recruiter and - supposedly - wants our DBs to be playing more aggressively.

Booker was only an afterthought in trying to get some people here to help Diaco out and doesn't seem to be doing much in the way of recruiting.  I don't see a reason to keep him around.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

My reasons for giving Parrella a "pass" is somewhat based on him being a former Husker and also a former NFL player.  I think he has the passion and the experience to be a good coach.  I'd like to see what he could do in a competent scheme.

My reasons for giving DWilliams a "pass" is because he has only been here a year, seems to be a well-above-average recruiter and - supposedly - wants our DBs to be playing more aggressively.

Booker was only an afterthought in trying to get some people here to help Diaco out and doesn't seem to be doing much in the way of recruiting.  I don't see a reason to keep him around.

Agree.  Really haven't even heard his name mentioned at all this year.  Parrella and Dos Williams seem to bringing in the recruits...

Don't need them do we?  Sure Parella would be nice to keep around because of his ties, but do we need either one going forward?

Next new coach will have his own guys, and his way of doing things.  If you hire a winning coach, with a staff already in place, why break that apart to keep a few guys who haven't proven alot yet.  Thats meaning that all the staff wants to follow HC here.  If we get Frost here, maybe some of those guys won't want to leave sunny Florida for this climate.  I think the next HC will bring his own guys, and we will have to accept that.  So far we have kept holdovers from most of our previous staffs, and has it worked out yet?

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That's exactly why I asked about D. Williams, he's only been here a year and it sounds like he hasn't been given the opportunity to really get his guys playing the way he wants - which is what people were saying of Parrella.

How good is Parrella?  Good recruiter- yes.  But who is impressed with the line play this year or in 2016?

i get it— part of it is the scheme.  But even under Banker’s scheme, consider these important d-line stats from 2016:

sacks- 6

rushing yards given/game- 170

rushing td’s given up- 22

I won’t bother to look up the 2017 stats, but it is obvious that the d-line hasn’t dealt any fits to an opposing offense.  

Could be scheme also, but I see d- linemen who are slow and can’t shake a block.  I appreciate Parrella’s NFL and Blackshirt background, but I haven’t been impressed by his coaching.  

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

How good is Parrella?  Good recruiter- yes.  But who is impressed with the line play this year or in 2016?

i get it— part of it is the scheme.  But even under Banker’s scheme, consider these important d-line stats from 2016:

sacks- 6

I won’t bother to look up the 2017 stats, but it is obvious that the d-line hasn’t dealt any fits to an opposing offense.  

Could be scheme also, but I see d- linemen who are slow and can’t shake a block.  I appreciate Parrella’s NFL and Blackshirt background, but I haven’t been impressed by his coaching.  

Boom, this

2 hours ago, secretasianman said:

sacks- 6

I'd be interested to know  how much is not getting off blocks and how much is being expected to hold the line and take-up blockers for LB's to make plays(that don't end-up getting made). . 

• Plus1 1