Healthcare Reform

55 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I am a advocate for MFA as you know but this headline makes it seem like the urgent care is responsible for this kid dying. I work at an urgent care and we are NOT obligated to take patients if they are unable or unwilling to pay. It is on the patient to be able to pay the fees which are def cheaper than ER. ER is obligated by law to stabilize patients. Once they are stabilized, they can be let go. 

It's the system that is responsible for this kid dying. If we had M4A, then the urgent care doesn't turn away a patient based on their ability to pay. The simple fact that people are dying because an urgent care or any other medical care provider can choose who to care for based on a patient's bank account is the whole problem.

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It's the system that is responsible for this kid dying. If we had M4A, then the urgent care doesn't turn away a patient based on their ability to pay. The simple fact that people are dying because an urgent care or any other medical care provider can choose who to care for based on a patient's bank account is the whole problem.

Exactly. Its an indictment of the system as a whole. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'd be interested to know how much, if any, money that urgent care (or parent company) has spent on lobbying efforts for or against M4A.

Like I said, a lot of the urgent cares, at least where I live are small businesses. My manager is a Bernie supporter. Two of the doctors who are older are Trump supporters. Weird dynamic. 

28 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Yeah for sure, people love paying higher premiums.

All sarcasm aside...that's not how M4A would be funded.  And if you ask me, "how would it be funded?" at this point in the primaries...then it seems you are ignorant and haven't investigated any alternative view to your own.  It's literally all spelled out on Bernies website.

I am not going to ask you that.  No sarcasm. 

4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Good.  The reason I thought you would is because you asked the original question in the first place, insinuating that you didn't know.

Nah, I know.

I feel bad for Bernie, they have treated him poorly and would rather prop up Joe (who reminds me of Bernie Lomax from Weekend at Bernies) than help Sanders out.