Healthcare Reform

24 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I wouldn’t want a Republican only plan without Dem ideas as a part of that plan, just like it didn’t work to have a Dem only plan in  Obamacare.  It obviously hasn’t worked.  

You know this is a lie. Obamacare uses huge portions of the HEART Act of 1993.

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Maybe it would come if there was no Obamacare to fall back in.  I think you know as well as I that our elected officials tend to do not much of anything until they are on a deadline.  Well, a repeal of Obamacare would have forced the Rep and Dem to come together with their best ideas and compromise on something better than Obamacare. Republicans have outlined ideas of what they want and some Rep groups have actual plans ready to be voted on. 

So the Repubs can't put forward a plan unless the current law is repealed?

I stand correct, THIS is the biggest lie about healthcare.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

So the Repubs can't put forward a plan unless the current law is repealed?

I stand correct, THIS is the biggest lie about healthcare.

They can and have and no Dem  would vote for it because Obamacare is still around and Dems would see that as a failure of Obamacare. 

• Plus1 1

52 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s on the world wide internets 

It isn't. Your chump party has never produced a viable fix for what ails Obamacare, despite working with Obama to create Obamacare and then saying for another decade they were going to "repeal and replace" it.

It has to be embarrassing to back a party with that track record of failure. 

• Plus1 5
7 hours ago, knapplc said:

It isn't. Your chump party has never produced a viable fix for what ails Obamacare, despite working with Obama to create Obamacare and then saying for another decade they were going to "repeal and replace" it.

It has to be embarrassing to back a party with that track record of failure. 

The House passed a bill. 

Obama and your party wouldn't work with Rep on Obamacare.  They allowed Rep in the room as a courtesy, but that was just window dressing. 

if not for McCain, Obamacare would have been repealed and a better Bipartisan plan implemented.  

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The House passed a bill. 

What bill? Why was it better than Obamacare? What would it have fixed from Obamacare's failings? Which parties were involved in crafting the bill? 

Surely there has to be a copy of this bill that you read so you know what you're talking about. Where's the link? Is this bill your Canadian girlfriend?

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What bill? Why was it better than Obamacare? What would it have fixed from Obamacare's failings? Which parties were involved in crafting the bill? 

Surely there has to be a copy of this bill that you read so you know what you're talking about. Where's the link? Is this bill your Canadian girlfriend?

You already know that in less than 5 minutes searching you can find the House Resolution, and I’m pretty sure you already have done so.  

I will let you decide if it would have been then Obamacare.  Since Obamacare has already basically failed at many of its objectives, IMO it would have been better.  

No Canadian girlfriend for me, I’m married, but I see what you did there.   Hehehehe  

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

I will let you decide if it would have been then Obamacare.  Since Obamacare has already basically failed at many of its objectives, IMO it would have been better.  

So you haven't read the bill, you have no idea why it would be better, it's just not Obamacare so it must be. Solid rhetorical argument. 

Meanwhile, Obamacare has provided access to healthcare to millions of people who wouldn't ordinarily have had insurance. It passed its tenth anniversary earlier this year. 

Seems to be doing just fine in the absence of any help from the GOP, doesn't it?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So you haven't read the bill, you have no idea why it would be better, it's just not Obamacare so it must be. Solid rhetorical argument. 

Meanwhile, Obamacare has provided access to healthcare to millions of people who wouldn't ordinarily have had insurance. It passed its tenth anniversary earlier this year. 

Seems to be doing just fine in the absence of any help from the GOP, doesn't it?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have I read the entire bill...no...does anyone  that is not a legal eagle read an entire bill ever.  Have I read the bullet points....sure have....I’m not here to convince you it would be better or worse.  

you asked for a Republican plan, I gave you the name of the bill.  You assumed there wasn’t one and and are now childishly upset that I gave you the name of the bill and not the link so you could do your own homework.  

Obamacare was supposed to give coverage to EVERY single American.  Obamacare was supposed to LOWER healthcare costs.  Obamacare was supposed to allow people to keep their doctors if they liked.   Obamacare did none of the above.  So no....it doesn’t seem to be doing fine:dunno

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Have I read the entire bill...no...does anyone  that is not a legal eagle read an entire bill ever.  Have I read the bullet points....sure have....I’m not here to convince you it would be better or worse.  

you asked for a Republican plan, I gave you the name of the bill.  You assumed there wasn’t one and and are now childishly upset that I gave you the name of the bill and not the link so you could do your own homework.  

Obamacare was supposed to give coverage to EVERY single American.  Obamacare was supposed to LOWER healthcare costs.  Obamacare was supposed to allow people to keep their doctors if they liked.   Obamacare did none of the above.  So no....it doesn’t seem to be doing fine:dunno

And Obamacare was gutted by Republicans who wanted it to fail before it could even make an impact in those regards. You should do your research on the sabotage that has occurred and why it may not have been able to maximize the impact it should have had to lower costs. You might learn something. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

And Obamacare was gutted by Republicans who wanted it to fail before it could even make an impact in those regards. You should do your research on the sabotage that has occurred and why it may not have been able to maximize the impact it should have had to lower costs. You might learn something. 

Republicans got rid of  the Individual mandate.   That’s not sabotage.  That is righting a wrong that never should have place.  Calling it a tax when it was always meant as a penalty for not buying insurance.  

if there is anything I’m missing than please let me know.  Maybe some states not expanding medicaid??

• Plus1 1