Healthcare Reform

6 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

@DevoHusker- that's exactly my point, so no offense taken. Archy1221 feigned ignorance about the many many avenues R's have taken in an attempt to destroy the ACA. I want to see if he will admit their intent was to sabotage the law from the get go. 

Opposing and sabotaging or two wildly different things 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Youre right Archy, they dont just come out and say “we wont cover heart attacks”. That would be incredibly stupid, right. Insurance companies are smarter than that. They say this hopsital and that hospital are out of network. They say ambulance rides are out of network. They say this procedure and that procedure are not covered. Thats how they get away with it. Or the paperwork was bad. Or there was no pre-authorization form that was needed. Or they require a procedure that is less expensive that really isnt what is needed. There are so many things insurance companies do to get out of paying a bill that its unbeleivable. Its happened to me with UnitedHealthcare. Its happpened to ky wife where they call and question her about her illness. Im sure its happened to many on this board. I guess it hasnt happened to you, but when it does it will piss you off. 

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

Britian already vaccinating people. A country with actual socialized medicine is outperforming us...again. 

Ya I can’t figure out what the holdup is with the FDA.  Though I’m sure you realize that the FDA decision time would have been the same whether we have M4A or our current system.  

• Plus1 2

23 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I'm ok with us taking an extra week or two if that means we are being more careful about it being safe.

I think this is all that's going on.

Something to keep in mind is that it's not just about the vaccine working in trials but also that the production system makes the vaccine correctly and safely.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I think this is all that's going on.

Something to keep in mind is that it's not just about the vaccine working in trials but also that the production system makes the vaccine correctly and safely.

Yes.  There is definitely going to be production issues at some point with at least one of the manufacturers.  Doesn’t mean they will be serious issues, but hiccups and some adverse events can happen.  
so important for the proper messaging to get out there.  

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Yes.  There is definitely going to be production issues at some point with at least one of the manufacturers.  Doesn’t mean they will be serious issues, but hiccups and some adverse events can happen.  
so important for the proper messaging to get out there.  

My current concern is that the elderly are going to be among the first vaccinated, then anti-vaxxers will come out of the woodwork to talk about how many die but not take into account the deaths from other causes.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

My current concern is that the elderly are going to be among the first vaccinated, then anti-vaxxers will come out of the woodwork to talk about how many die but not take into account the deaths from other causes.

Def a concern and a messaging and PR campaign needs to be robust.  Media need to stop scaring everyone too with their s#!tty headlines and could, may, might conjecture. 

• Plus1 2