The Murphinator

QB Luke McCaffrey [Nebraska Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Sounds like he REALLY enjoyed his visit.  No other visits scheduled as of now.

Maybe Schaf was onto something.

22 hours ago, Mavric said:

Sounds like he REALLY enjoyed his visit.  No other visits scheduled as of now.

FWIW, I do recall his brother Dylan planning a Husker visit but he visited Michigan early and then committed before taking any other visits because he loved it from the get go.

Let it happen baby! I’ll make a call, if he magically ends up at the Spring Game, he’s N!

His high school has had a run of QB's going to B1G, PAC, etc, schools for a few years in a row. Luke is a good athlete. Personally I would bring in 2 QB's this year. 

2 hours ago, alohaah said:

His high school has had a run of QB's going to B1G, PAC, etc, schools for a few years in a row. Luke is a good athlete. Personally I would bring in 2 QB's this year. 

If we do not get a grad transfer then this would be a good year to bring in 2 Qbs

Edited by swmohusker

8 hours ago, swmohusker said:

If we do not get a grad transfer then this would be a good year to bring in 2 Qbs

That'd make a room of 5 scholarship QB's and 6  total with Bunch. Think that's the numbers they want in that spot?

15 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

That'd make a room of 5 scholarship QB's and 6  total with Bunch. Think that's the numbers they want in that spot?

They want 5 on scholarship. If Bunch ears an offer, they will have their QB spots filled if they only bring in McCaffrey. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, spurs1990 said:

Masker is another one if we're counting walk-ons.

2 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Masker is another one if we're counting walk-ons.

I think maesker will compete once he gets on campus.  

Nebraska, Virginia, and North Carolina. 

Last season he was 54-of-71 attempts for 878 yards and six touchdowns, ran for 548 yards and nine touchdowns on 80 carries. Caught 19 passes for 147 yards and a touchdown. He almost ran for 7 yards a carry and I'm sure that includes sack yardage. 

He will be their starter this season. 

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, alohaah said:

Last season he was 54-of-71 attempts for 878 yards and six touchdowns, ran for 548 yards and nine touchdowns on 80 carries. Caught 19 passes for 147 yards and a touchdown. He almost ran for 7 yards a carry and I'm sure that includes sack yardage. 

Banker, is that you?

On 4/15/2018 at 2:12 PM, alohaah said:

12.4 yards an attempt and a 76% completion rate isn't too shabby.

Verduzco watched him workout yesterday. Sounds like it went well for both sides. 

He's considering a trip to UNC next month. 

• Plus1 4

7 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

Bump to front page

Is there new news?

Nebraska

The Murphinator,seaofred92,Husker from Kansas,Head Coach Scott Frost,Young Grand Island Husker,Wunderkind,Roll Skers,HS_Coach_C,Husker_luver,swmohusker,Dillrp4NU,yort2000,FaithfulHusker,Treand3,TherealTomOsborne,Beez,Edison's Enemy,Warrior10,Thanks_Tom RR,Dilly Dilly,Throw Dem Bones,HuskerzFanatik,Touchdown Tommie,Lakehusker,Swiv3D,KazLongDrives300,Zacharias,Branno,AZRaiderH8r,ADS,Mavric,LumberJackSker,HuskermanMike

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

Yeah, we finally got one! Third time's a charm

I think this could be the start of a slew of commitments this month. Had a few kids in this past weekend who have smoke swirling around that they may commit any day. Then we have these satellite camps going and a few summer camps in lincoln as well. I think we should see our class grow to double digits this month. 

Wiltfong saying he will be the only qb we take this class.

• Plus1 4

Heck Yeah!!! This staff knows how to identify and lock up their QB.  Can't wait to see this guy develop, big time upside. 

54/71 passing last year (76%), 878 yards, 6 TDs

80 carries for 548 yards (6.8 ypc), 9 TDs

19 catches for 147 yards (7.7 ypc), 1 TD

Two years ago he caught 47 passes for 717 yards (15.2 ypc) and 9 TDs and had 23 carries for 245 yards (10.6 ypc) and 2 TDs.  

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, Mavric said:

54/71 passing last year (76%), 878 yards, 6 TDs

80 carries for 548 yards (6.8 ypc), 9 TDs

19 catches for 147 yards (7.7 ypc), 1 TD

Two years ago he caught 47 passes for 717 yards (15.2 ypc) and 9 TDs and had 23 carries for 245 yards (10.6 ypc) and 2 TDs.  

If Martinez shows that he is the QB of the future and McCaffrey is willing to stay at NU, even if he's not QB, he would make a heck of a receiver.  I am all for bringing in as many athletes as you can and figuring out spots to play them.

• Plus1 1

We told him we're only taking 1 this class. He said if they change their mind he doesn't care, he welcomes competition. However, they seemed very set on just 1. 

• Plus1 3

Welcome to the :bigredn: !!  I hope you are the best of the bro's!  However, just love football and be the best you.  You will have a great career!

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Ran a laser 4.6 40 last month. 

With all the crazy fake times out there a lot of people will think that is slow...but it isn't.

• Plus1 5

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

With all the crazy fake times out there a lot of people will think that is slow...but it isn't.

Yup, 100% agree. That's similar to what Quinten Flowers from USF ran at combine, and he was the fasted QB there.

• Plus1 1

36 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Ran a laser 4.6 40 last month. 

That is motoring.

49 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Yup, 100% agree. That's similar to what Quinten Flowers from USF ran at combine, and he was the fasted QB there.

Why didn't he eat before the combine?  To be faster?

Great recruit, I like this trend towards having real depth in the QB room, hopefully we get to the point when we have a strong #2 who can step up and keep things going when needed.

• Plus1 1

I love pretty close to Valor. I’ll go check him out a few times. Saw him play 3 times last year. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

The guy should have won the hypesman trophy.  (/endDerail)

Absolutely. Maybe we can right that wrong, in a way.

“I just felt like this was the right fit at the right time,” McCaffrey said. “The Nebraska culture and the history, it’s the right time to join along. I want to be part of it.”

McCaffrey, from Littleton, Colorado, is the No. 1 rated player out of the state of Colorado and the No. 17 athlete in the 2019 class, according to 247Sports composite. He is the highest-rated commit in Nebraska’s 2019 class and held offers from Ohio State, Michigan, Washington, Colorado and North Carolina among others.

With the commitment, Nebraska has seven in the 2019 class. McCaffrey’s recruitment is shut down, he said. No more visits, other than maybe to Nebraska later this summer to help recruit.

“It’s all Nebraska,” he said.

OWH

• Plus1 2