GSG

****Official Alliance of American Football Thread****

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I guess it depends on the format of the draft.  What is the time limit between picks?

Games are tomorrow, right?  I suppose we better get it going pretty soon.  Maybe give it another couple hours and see how many more sign up then go with what we have????

Yes, 2 games tomorrow at 8 PM ET.

The draft page doesn't really say anything about time per pick :dunno

there isnt any time per pick, draft based on who signed up and in what order it looks like. So GSG you will have 1st pick regardless and Mav will have 2nd and me 3rd. Once your pick is up it is suppose to email you and let you know. So at minimum we can get the first 3 picks done now and wait for a 4th. All I know is we gotta get through all those rounds before tomorrows games lol 

in other words we can get the 1st 4 picks done now and it has zero impact on anyone else who joins if I am not mistaken. 

19 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

there isnt any time per pick, draft based on who signed up and in what order it looks like. So GSG you will have 1st pick regardless and Mav will have 2nd and me 3rd. Once your pick is up it is suppose to email you and let you know. So at minimum we can get the first 3 picks done now and wait for a 4th. All I know is we gotta get through all those rounds before tomorrows games lol 

Here's what it says on my draft page:

If new people join the league, the draft picks will be automatically rearranged, so you might not want to do this until your league is full. Changing this will wipe out any draft picks your league has already made. Only do this if your draft hasn't started yet.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, GSG said:

Here's what it says on my draft page:

If new people join the league, the draft picks will be automatically rearranged, so you might not want to do this until your league is full. Changing this will wipe out any draft picks your league has already made. Only do this if your draft hasn't started yet.

so far the only arranging it has done is add the newest person behind the person that signed up before them...how many people we gonna get this sucker too? With people getting off work soon it should help. Would really suck to not be able to finish draft before games though too in the event some people blow us off lol 

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

so far the only arranging it has done is add the newest person behind the person that signed up before them...how many people we gonna get this sucker too? With people getting off work soon it should help. Would really suck to not be able to finish draft before games though too in the event some people blow us off lol 

That's why I'm thinking if we get 2 more teams, then I'll just delete the invite links and we'll just go with 6 teams

Just now, GSG said:

That's why I'm thinking if we get 2 more teams, then I'll just delete the invite links and we'll just go with 6 teams

sounds good! 

Guessing this is how the Salt Lake Stallions ended up with so many Huskers:

I only heard of a draft for quarterbacks. How were other players assigned?

Three ways. First, the league figured out the top 30 NFL-producing colleges over the past 10 seasons (USC is No. 1), and gave each team three high-producing schools. Then they gave teams up to 30 other area schools in a certain range to pull allocations from.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25900439/everything-need-know-first-alliance-american-football-season

Regional coverage for both games.  We got San Diego at San Antonio.  The battle of the Sans.  One thing's for sure they could have done better with the helmet logo design for pretty much every team in the league.  

This is vintage Mike Riley offense

Also: Keith Williams sighting. Did he Uber or Lyft to the stadium?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GSG said:

This is vintage Mike Riley offense

Also: Keith Williams sighting. Did he Uber or Lyft to the stadium?

On the sideline?   Nvm.  Just saw him as well.  I had no idea he was coaching let a lone in this league. 

Alonzo Moore is playing great tonight.  Well whaddaya know.  Looks like Mike Riley is gonna get the W.

Mike-Riley-Happy-Balloon_2.png

5 minutes ago, tuxedodragon said:

Hello, I found your league while looking for an AFF fantasy league. I hope you don't mind that I joined. 

This isn't a fantasy league. This is a Nebraska message board. Welcome to the board though. It is a whole lot of fun in here.

1 minute ago, tuxedodragon said:

Yeah I know . I am talking about the AAF league discussed in this thread. 

So, what do you think of the AAF so far?

Mike Riley looks 5-10 years younger than he did at the end of the 2017 season. Just shows y’all how well we have it, now that we don’t have to see the strain.

• Plus1 1

57 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

So, what do you think of the AAF so far?

I'm interested. The production was good and the game seemed exciting. The only worry I have are the miscues on offense I saw on my game (San Diego vs San Antonio) . The offenses are gonna need to be good if these league is gonna work long term. 

31 minutes ago, tuxedodragon said:

I'm interested. The production was good and the game seemed exciting. The only worry I have are the miscues on offense I saw on my game (San Diego vs San Antonio) . The offenses are gonna need to be good if these league is gonna work long term. 

It is a good idea. It will help us get through offseason without NFL or college football.

I was expecting a much much more sloppy type of game so that was good but still can't get over how horribly awful all the teams colors, helmets and logos are.  Woof.

3dfad1_54c0469235ba4dcb9e8021f64f6bfe07~

9 hours ago, tuxedodragon said:

Well, I mean Mike Riley is the coach. You can expect a lot more blunders on offense.  And defense. And special teams. And decision making. And player development. You get the point. 

Why do all these news outlets keep calling it the philly special? Everyone knows it's Black 41 Flash Reverse. Dumbheads....

• Plus1 1

I do like both Memphis and Birmingham's helmets and uni's.  Christian Hackenberg sighting.  Over/under on picks?  Old Iron Mike on the sidelines.

A team can only blitz up to 5 players.  Tougher on a defense for sure.  Probably will allow for the field to have a better chance of being stretched by the offense though.  Protects the QB too.  Interesting.

52 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I do like both Memphis and Birmingham's helmets and uni's.  Christian Hackenberg sighting.  Over/under on picks?  Old Iron Mike on the sidelines.

A team can only blitz up to 5 players.  Tougher on a defense for sure.  Probably will allow for the field to have a better chance of being stretched by the offense though.  Protects the QB too.  Interesting.

Hackenberg is just as terrible as I remember him being.

Haha.  That's pretty cool.  I think Birmingham got away with one there with that catch.  First controversial call of the year!  

Kieron Williams playing  SS for Arizona.  The pass to Pierson-El hit him in the face mask...  Wow.  Another Stallion receiver let's a pass hit him in the face mask! 

Pierson-El.  Not looking the best at WR so far.  Add a muffed punt to his night.  Gheesh.

8 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

It’s actually way more restrictive than that.

1) Max 5 blitzers 

2) Any player on the LOS is designated a blitzer, whether they blitz or not

3) No blitzer from more than 2 yards outside the box, or from more than 5 yards deep

4) No more than 4 blitzers from either side

5) Adjacent LBs may not blitz same side 

6) 2 or more LBs aligned guard to guard may not blitz

The stated reason for this is the lack of preparation time for QBs and OL. This isn’t a safety rule or pace of play issue or really any other need for this other than needing to get this pop up league started and finished in this narrow window. I’m hopeful that this is a one year thing because there are some good aspects to this league.

6 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Fledgling?  It's Week 1 and their ratings beat the NBA.  Plus, their games today were on the NFL Network.  

Fledgling means young, immature, underdeveloped, or inexperienced.

I think that's a perfect word choice.  Doesn't mean it is bad, unpopular, or doomed to fail.

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I think that's a perfect word choice.  Doesn't mean it is bad, unpopular, or doomed to fail.

It is doomed to fail of course, but that has nothing to do with the word "fledgling" chuckleshuffle

26 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Dude, and is that Eichorst in the background? 

indeedily-doodily.jpg

The Arizona/Salt Lake game  was really good and probably would have been even better if Salt Lake's starting QB didn't get hurt. Arizona looks like a real good team. Wolford looked really good at QB. 

The defensive restrictions are funny though. Since overall the defense has done better than the offense for the most part. At least this first weekend. 

8 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I looked it up and you're right.  I've always thought of that word meaning struggling or barely afloat.  Thanks for the correction!

On 2/11/2019 at 11:17 AM, tuxedodragon said:

The defensive restrictions are funny though. Since overall the defense has done better than the offense for the most part. At least this first weekend. 

That’s exactly why these restrictions were put in place. You see similar restrictions in All Star games or other such events where there isn’t a lot of prep time. The offenses I saw this first weekend were all very simple, with very little in play variety.