Would You Rather.... (Nebraska HC Edition)

Mavric

Would You Rather.....  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not to mention the economic impact swapping Frost for Riley will have over ten years to the city, state, and community. That's going to piss a lot of people off. That means lawsuits when they find out you got 5 mil at their expense. By the time the lawyers get done with you, you'll be lucky if all they take is the 5 mil. 

1 minute ago, seaofred92 said:

Imagine looking your kids in the eyes and telling them you turned down generational wealth that could transform their lives because you wanted Scott Frost to coach Nebraska football.

Dad of the year right there

Dude I'm blowing through $5 million + the growth over the 40+ remaining years of my own life.

Just now, Moiraine said:

Hey I live in the big city in Nebraska, and I would be going on lavish vacations multiples times per year. + if I wanted a somewhat fancy house that'd probably be 10% of the $5 million.

Well there you go then lol buy yourself a nice house put your kids in elite private schools and invest the rest 

17 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

But seriously, I'd love to see the demographics on this.  I just posed the similar question to hubby (both in our 50's) about his Eagles worst coach, vs current coach.  He, like me, left the money on the table and took the good coach.  When you've invested as much emotionally over time in a team, they're like an appendage.  I could see how younger people aren't quite as vested and would go all in on the money.

It's not necessarily that they aren't quite as vested, but more because ten years isn't that long in their remaining life and have a ton of time left to hope Nebraska gets back on top. In 10 years, I'll be 37-38. With 5 mil, I would be set for life and still (hopefully) have at least 30 years to watch the Huskers.

Some random speculation on the breakdown of this question.

My guess is that this question essentially rests on two points, age and economic status.

If you're young, broke or full of debt, then you're more likely to take the money. If you're rich, financially secure or "of a certain age and just want to see the Huskers win one more damn time," then you're more likely to take Frost over the money.

I'm relatively young and broke, that's why I tried to rob Nakatomi Plaza.

6 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

It's not necessarily that they aren't quite as vested, but more because ten years isn't that long in their remaining life and have a ton of time left to hope Nebraska gets back on top. In 10 years, I'll be 37-38. With 5 mil, I would be set for life and still (hopefully) have at least 30 years to watch the Huskers.

I'm roughly the same age and completely agree with your statement.

I love the Huskers, but I got bills to pay too. Frost winning 10 or 11 games would be great, but it doesn't fix my car or pay the rent.